• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MMQB Top 10 MLB List

CanadianCat

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

I can speak to post-1975. 

Lambert, Carson, Urlacher, Singletary, and Willis are all worthy of top 5 consideration. But I feel Luke has already surpassed them. None were the complete package Luke is. Only Lewis was, And the only way to catch him is longevity. I think both are the best MLBs I’ve ever seen. 

I cannot speak to guys pre 2000 but yeah Urlacher and Lewis were amazing to watch. 2 different type of players but both phenomenal. 

I only have an issue with Willis on your list. He was really good but had a really short career. IMO him and Beason were very similar, with the edge going to Willis but they played too short of a career to get into the HOF discussion. 

3 hours ago, bandu said:

Lawernce Taylor is the GOAT no if ands or buts about it. 

LT did not play the same position as Luke.  That's like saying Aaron Donald is a better DE than Peppers.  In the defense the Rams play now Donald is technically is a DE but he is still really a DT.  Apples and Oranges.

42 minutes ago, bababoey said:

LT did not play the same position as Luke.  That's like saying Aaron Donald is a better DE than Peppers.  In the defense the Rams play now Donald is technically is a DE but he is still really a DT.  Apples and Oranges.

look back on page one at the post i quoted.

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

I can speak to post-1975. 

Lambert, Carson, Urlacher, Singletary, and Willis are all worthy of top 5 consideration. But I feel Luke has already surpassed them. None were the complete package Luke is. Only Lewis was, And the only way to catch him is longevity. I think both are the best MLBs I’ve ever seen. 

Pretty much sums it up for me.

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

I cannot speak to guys pre 2000 but yeah Urlacher and Lewis were amazing to watch. 2 different type of players but both phenomenal. 

I only have an issue with Willis on your list. He was really good but had a really short career. IMO him and Beason were very similar, with the edge going to Willis but they played too short of a career to get into the HOF discussion. 

Willis made 5 All-Pro Teams and one 2nd team. 

Beason made one 1st and one 2nd team thru the same time period. Beason had basically a 4 year career. 

Willis played eight and made the pro bowl every year but his last. 

That’s not a small difference. 

Archived