• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"THIS IS THE WORST OFFENSIVE LINE EVER!!!"

JABANOG

Do you guys not remember this? Just a couple weeks ago lol Teddy has to step up no excuses he's had the best line in years by FAR 

When a zero pops up next to a quarterback's name in the sacks column, the credit usually goes directly to the offensive line.

The unit deserves it, being the most critical position group dedicated to keeping the signal-caller upright.

Every offensive lineman takes pride in keeping his quarterback's jersey clean. But there's an extra incentive for the Panthers as they protect Teddy Bridgewater.

"He's a great person," left tackle Russell Okung said after Sunday's game. "Who would want to get that guy hit?"

The Panthers have not allowed a sack in back-to-back games for the first time since early in the 2011 season. Through five games, they've surrendered just eight sacks, and as of Monday afternoon, they've allowed the third-fewest QB pressures at 25.

https://www.panthers.com/news/the-day-after-offensive-line-key-in-pass-protection-dominant-drives

Reed was probably our downfall for this past week.  Talking about turnstile (ie M. Khalil).  Atlanta continually shot his gap all night long and we had no answer for it.

I would also put the blame on coaching.  They should have known Reed was the weak link and should have designed something to help him.  They didn't.

I saw a stat posted during the game where TB had dropped 22 times and there were 8 hurries and 3 sacks.   That's 50% of the pass plays.  That's not acceptable.   Add the fact that TB won't stretch the field (than again maybe he couldn't) but it was pretty easy to allow Atlanta the opportunity to pin their ears back and get after TB.

Obviously an upgrade is needed at both Guard positions.

Was ranked 19 before ATL. 

I’d imagine it’s around 25 at this point with only several worse teams.

And I do believe that’s right at where Cam’s oline ranked in it’s worse year. Except Shula was dialing up long developing plays or cam was holding onto it to extend plays.

Yet we have one of the quickest schemes and release QBs there are.

That should tell you just how bad they are. They’re officially worse than anything we’ve had since 2010.

It's hard to do, but try and actually watch just what the o-line does when we snap the ball.

It's not pretty. The center of our line is the weak spot on both rushing and passing plays. Only Moton and Okung regularly stick with their blocks. Honestly, there are times I can't figure out whether Reed is looking bad because he is trying to cover for Paradis or if Paradis is trying to cover for Reed. 

We're just not there on our O-line yet. I think we will get it sorted out, though. Just hope Teddy survives in the meantime. 

24 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's hard to do, but try and actually watch just what the o-line does when we snap the ball.

It's not pretty. The center of our line is the weak spot on both rushing and passing plays. Only Moton and Okung regularly stick with their blocks. Honestly, there are times I can't figure out whether Reed is looking bad because he is trying to cover for Paradis or if Paradis is trying to cover for Reed. 

We're just not there on our O-line yet. I think we will get it sorted out, though. Just hope Teddy survives in the meantime. 

I remember when people here were blasting Elway for letting Paradis go...

You've gotta be really committed to trolling to post something this dumb.

What makes it even sillier is that in trying to trash Bridgewater, he posted a link to an article that actually praises him.

From the link...

"A lot of that comes from Teddy taking a good drop, getting the ball out of his hands early, receivers being detailed in their routes and getting open, and running backs in protection as well as tight ends," Miller said. "You have to contribute all of those different things."

Archived