• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If your the GM who are you trading for ?

Calboyz13

I would rather have the opportunity to gain picks by offloading a few guys, however that wasn't the question. 

My top young defensive players to target, obviously have to look to teams not performing well to have any chance.

DL - Quinnen Williams

LB - Myles Jack

S - Justin Reid

Trading for players won’t do much for the future, what this team really needs is a GM who can consistently spot talent outside of the LB and RB positions, fill holes in FA, and refrain from overpaying or getting excited about fan favorites and hometown heroes.

Lastly actually build through the draft instead of just say it. You can’t draft guys like Norman, Bradberry, Norwell and Turner and turn around get get rid of them in some way all the while tie up their money from FA busts like M Kalil and pretend you build through the draft.

This franchise lacks a compass. The direction is no direction at all.

Star power is the lowest since.....damn, 2001 maybe, so ability is obviously diminished greatly as a whole.

This is a HUGE rebuild. We are past the point of no return for a re-load/quick turnaround.

I can't see a way for any GM to turn around this massive degradation of talent and ability. It's a long road, may as well start from scratch again 1996 style, but that's what ownership wanted, I just don't understand why he didn't convince the NFL to give him an expansion franchise instead of buying and tearing a relatively good franchise down to almost nothing.

We'd need a heck of a GM to fix this mess anytime soon. It's been my team since day one so I'm very hopeful but due to bad business I'm not as optimistic as I have been.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

This franchise lacks a compass. The direction is no direction at all.

Star power is the lowest since.....damn, 2001 maybe, so ability is obviously diminished greatly as a whole.

This is a HUGE rebuild. We are past the point of no return for a re-load/quick turnaround.

Only 1 loss was by more than 1 possession.  Panthers have been in nearly every game till the very end.

This isn't a huge rebuild.  This is a key piece or two away from being drastically better in the W/L column.

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'd be interested in Q.Williams, Njoku, Parks, or Hasson Reddick depending on the price.  But, I doubt we make any moves.

Definitely worth looking at those guys just for the due diligence. If the team can throw a 6th for Njoku, I'd be down. Hard to see them trading any picks this year though since they're already missing a 7th. 

I'd send a 3rd to NY for Quinnen, he has 2 years left on the rookie deal + a 5th year option. We can then move on from KK and save his cap this off-season. The odds of getting a DT of Quinnen's caliber in the 3rd are slim anyway, accumulating picks doesn't mean a damn thing if they don't pan out. So make a move for a proven young commodity on a rookie deal. 

This allows us to focus future Free Agent money or picks on other areas of the roster -- OL / EDGE / LB / TE / DB / S

I think we could come out of one more off-season looking pretty solid, and to be fair I had us as a 6 win team, I think we still get up around that, I am also not convinced that Teddy is the long-term answer at QB, I think he was brought in to keep us competitive on offense so that skill guys could be evaluated with competent QB play, but to me I don't think he's who we will build around. 

Perhaps not this draft, but by the next I think we see a QB added. 

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Definitely worth looking at those guys just for the due diligence. If the team can throw a 6th for Njoku, I'd be down. Hard to see them trading any picks this year though since they're already missing a 7th. 

If we do make a trade, I would really hope we do so by using the pick swap method, i.e. We give a 5th and get a 7th and the player in return.

That way we keep the same amount of picks that we desperately need to restock the depth particularly if it’s someone on the last year of their contract.

Archived