• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston?

FuFuLamePoo

11 minutes ago, Gematria said:

It took 17 years for CAR to land a franchise QB in Cam Newton ..

Y'all think you're going to prematurely dump your only franchise QB in history and immediately find another LOL

Panthers deserve to lose for years ..

Cam had 6 games this season of a Rating of 94 or better .. Tom Brady in '19 w/ NE had 6 such games (with better receivers and a much better D)

Cam also only had 9 TD passes for the entire season.  Thats the lowest total that I think I can ever recall for a full time starter.

12 minutes ago, Gematria said:

It took 17 years for CAR to land a franchise QB in Cam Newton ..

Y'all think you're going to prematurely dump your only franchise QB in history and immediately find another LOL

Panthers deserve to lose for years ..

Cam had 6 games this season of a Rating of 94 or better .. Tom Brady in '19 w/ NE had 6 such games (with better receivers and a much better D)

Thanks for a bunch of sentences irrelevant to the topic.

2 hours ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

No reason why he would want to come here

Are you serious?  He has CMC, Moore, Anderson and possibly Samuel.  Rhule has made it a point to get younger on the offensive side of the ball.  Watson isn't going to a playoff team.  Most of them have QBs in place.  He's going to have to go to a team on the upswing.  

I think we fit that bill perfectly. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

In terms of salary cap impact, a trade is essentially the same as releasing a player. If a player is traded at the deadline, all future prorated money will accelerate into the next season. For some teams, that takes certain players off the table if their signing bonuses and other prorated bonuses are large. In general, if a player's dead money charge in a given year will prevent him from being released the following year, it will also prevent him from being traded during the given season.

There have to be niche cases where you can trade a player for salary cap relief though, no?  Isn't that what the Texans did with the Osweiler contract when they traded him to the Browns along with a 2nd round pick?  Otherwise if releasing a player and trading a player produces the same outcome with respect to the salary cap, then I'd imagine the Browns would have just opted to do that instead.

7 hours ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

My bar is next to stadium so coaches and staff come in.  The ones that aren’t coaches but talk after lot of drinks have been talking about Watson being our plan A B and C for the off-season.  When we complained about them winning against Washington the two guys said it won’t be our pick anyways it will be Houston’s.  Not sure if our offer will be good enough for the new GM but we are going to make an attractive package for Watson.

Odd they are not up-to-date of the dead cap Houston would have to take in the first down year. Hes a elite QB, some teams look 50 years for one, bears may have never had one in their history. He just signed a contract extension, gallons of Absinthe must be the choice of these coaches/staff. 

Trade a elite QB who just signed a huge contract AND take 70 million in dead cap space in a reduced cap year, be the biggest shock in NFL history, nah sports history. 

Archived