• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Left Tackle options

AU-panther

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Again

Maybe his guy told him that.  But i know a organization that was the exact opposite of that, several other writers who were scouts at the time who's organizations were hearing what i hesrd and what dam near every other publisher heard outside of walterfootball.

And again you wouldnt be seeing a team throwing dam near a party in their war room when that happens.  Its probably not true.

Verge is well regarded here and I have legit reason to trust him and his sources as there has been evidence of them being correct after the fact. I've never heard or seen anything here about your sources so forgive me for not reading into it at all.

As far as the Bills -- that is 100% irrelevant. All that says is that ONE team was happy that the team ahead of them didn't pick the player that they wanted to take at their pick. 20 teams could've had early 2nd round grades on Little and the Bills would still react like that because Little wasn't their guy.

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

What makes you so certain we're not a desirable place to go.  Don't you think every free agent has friends on every team.  Don't you think they communicate?  I am certain that anyone that would call a friend and ask how our locker room is.  They would say it is good, if not incredible.  

We don't have to overspend for any free agent.  Unless your name is Marty Hurney. 

My bad, I probably didn't make it clear but I meant specifically to him that we're probably not a desirable destination, I'm sure there's other players that might want to come here but I find it hard to believe that Trent Williams will want to come here, a team still in rebuild mode, instead of going to a contender, he's 32 and one of the top LT's in the league, he's going to be ring chasing or securing the bag by finding a team who'll overpay for him, which that's the only way we'd get him.

5 hours ago, AU-panther said:

and that is a viable option, sometimes you just have to make due.

You can't fix every position every year.

Last year this would have been checked off our need list. I'm not as confident we will get our guy but it's possible.

4 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Hopefully we kick Little inside next training camp to at least try and salvage something 

Little is going to get kicked to the curb. Hell, I don't even know if we'll bother even bringing him to camp. We probably should challenge him and give him the off-season to come back and prove something, but I think this staff might be flat out done with him.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Yep, I’d rather cut and save $1.5M instead of wasting it. Resign Scott and take a rookie. Get Daley healthy so he can also backup at G and T.

That’s the problem though. As much potential as Daley has shown he can’t stay healthy so it doesn’t matter how good he is if he can’t play. Some players just can’t stay healthy enough to have a NFL career. Maybe Daley is that guy.

13 hours ago, chbright said:

Darrisaw is likely the 2nd or 3rd OT off the board at this point. His play this year after a really good 2019 and solid 2018 helped get him from a mid level recruit in HS to a 1st rounder.

In the middle of the year, his 2019-2020 was only behind sewell by a smig according to their system. I know that isn't loved here, but he has been getting great reviews all year. I would consider trading back to 10-15 and snag him possibly. Great OT prospect.

admittedly it was wishful thinking by me 

On 1/10/2021 at 5:12 PM, t96 said:

I'm not trying to defend Hurney at all, it was a bad pick, made worse by trading up. I'm just saying that all the hot takes here that it was an absolutely indefensible all time bad pick are just absurd. It'd be one thing if he took some small school scrub that no one knew about in the early 2nd, but it wasn't that. Little was a legit prospect going into that draft. I'm going off of was what Verge said before, which I remember being along the lines of many teams having high grades on Little too. Though I very well may be misremembering. 

Maybe @Verge can clear it up and specify what he said before.

At least three teams had a round 1 grade on Little. Multiple teams also had a 1st round grade on Cody Ford. 

On 1/10/2021 at 10:48 PM, Aussie Tank said:

Hopefully we kick Little inside next training camp to at least try and salvage something 

Little is getting cut in the offseason.

He was a healthy scratch down the stretch. Rhule doesn't rate him. 

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Little is getting cut in the offseason.

He was a healthy scratch down the stretch. Rhule doesn't rate him. 

In Rhule’s last press conference he alluded to some guys not being willing to tough it out through minor injuries.

I would have to guess Little or Daley were one of those. 

Archived