• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance - best QB of this draft not named Lawrence

NAS

25 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would love to know the full "true" story of Hurney 2.0's stint.   I would imagine it would shock both sides of the debate.  Hurney always struck me as a yes man bullsh*t artist more than anything.  

I don’t think many want the truth. I’ve blasted Marty’s moves for years, but there was nothing about last year that he had any power to make any decisions. It was obvious the moment Berry turned down the interview. 

Rhule may have used up his leash by wasting 80M last year. If there’s one thing Tepper understands, it’s the salary cap. He sees how little value the team got for it and maybe told him he has to get a real GM and share some responsibilities. 

• Beer 2

The key thing to me is whether he's got the work ethic and drive to be great. Because with his skillset if he does the sky is the limit. Everything I've heard/read leads me to believe he absolutely does.

Watching his pro day the biggest takeaway I had wasn't what he did on the field, but the fact that they said he'd spent the season studying NFL offenses and defenses in preparation for the draft. That tells me he's willing to do what it takes to make the leap to the NFL.

I'd love to have him here, but I still think we're going to have to trade up in order to get him. The question is: how high? I'd surely hate to see the Falcons take this guy and let him sit behind Matt Ryan for a year before becoming the next Patrick Mahomes.

• Pie 2

A lot of question marks about Lance. I am still intrigued, but would not want to give up much beyond the #8 pick to get him. Accuracy issues, issues throwing to the right side of the field, small sample size of work, he seemed to regress in his 1 game last season, etc. And if the Panthers wind up letting him slide past 8, I will trust their evaluation of him. There will be some real studs sitting there when we are on the clock. If they are not convinced that Lance is one, I will be ok with that. 

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

What little there is of it.  I wouldn't want my job riding on picking one of these guys to succeed.  I just don't see what others see in these guys beyond Trevor.  Even he has an uphill battle where he's going.

No matter how he is judged, he is a high risk drafting as high our pick is.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

I don’t think many want the truth. I’ve blasted Marty’s moves for years, but there was nothing about last year that he had any power to make any decisions. It was obvious the moment Berry turned down the interview. 

Rhule may have used up his leash by wasting 80M last year. If there’s one thing Tepper understands, it’s the salary cap. He sees how little value the team got for it and maybe told him he has to get a real GM and share some responsibilities. 

I hope this is true. 

I wish we had the 100% facts on last season. So many questions. 

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

He certainly helped himself with his pro day. I have all the confidence in the world in Lance. 

I would love Lance as well but that would mean another year of Teddy. I can’t take that no more. You think we would have to trade up some for him now after seeing his pro day?

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I would love Lance as well but that would mean another year of Teddy. I can’t take that no more. You think we would have to trade up some for him now after seeing his pro day?

I am in the minority here, but I don't really think Trey Lance will need to sit. He would certainly walk out day 1 better than Teddy.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1