• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Micah Parsons runs 4.39

TheWiz

57 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Keep in mind, we were expecting (or maybe more hoping) to have Cam in 2019.  My point is that having Cam made our brain trust lazy, not that once he was here he meant more or less than Luke. 

We didn't need such novel things as WRs who could actually catch the ball or OL that could actually sustain a pocket because "we have Cam."

Could our brain trust have produced wins if they never had Cam?  Probably not, since they had a hard enough time producing them with Cam.  But it would have forced them to try to build something on offense, not just basically rely on one person.

Asking them to build an offense around Cam was apparently asking too much of them.  They did manage to build a defense around Luke, at least for a while.

I hear ya, but I don’t think there’s any chance whatsoever that Ron & co. would have adapted to having a lesser QB. None. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Okay.  But the top 10 list is pretty fluid year to year isn't? At least the names the round out a top 10 each year. I mean you know certain folks will be there.  Aaron Rodgers.  Maybe 2nd one year.  3rd the next.  He will have a spot.  Like a Mahomes.  But it is still fluid outside of like a group of 5-6 fixtures.   Then you can have Cam, Baker, Lamar, Allen, Goff, etc.  In one year, out the next. 

With Luke and Wagner in 2019, we're basically talking about MLBs 1A and 1B. Both defenses sucked. We were 22nd in yardage and 31st in points. They were 26th in yardage and 22nd in points. That's be like Mahomes and Rodgers being on two of the worst offenses in the NFL. Not gonna happen.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

So you’re blaming the linebackers and not Ron Rivera? 

Sam Mills, Dan Morgan, and Jon Beason all predated Ron Rivera. Spending huge resources at LB has resulted in us fielding some great LBs. It has never contributed to building a consistent winner.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sam Mills, Dan Morgan, and Jon Beason all predated Ron Rivera. Spending huge resources at LB has resulted in us fielding some great LBs. It has never contributed to building a consistent winner.

We have spent huge resources at every position over the time of this franchise.  This take is old and makes no sense

11 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

We have spent huge resources at every position over the time of this franchise.  This take is old and makes no sense

Since 2000 we have made 19 1st round draft picks. 5 of them have been LBs. If we drafted Parsons, that would mean that nearly one third of our 1st round picks during the 21st century have been LBs. I agree, that makes no sense.