• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

There is no freaking way that Darnold is better than Bridgewater . This coaching staff is just as dumb as the last one .Build the offensive line first ; all those loses were not Bridgewater’s fault . Stupid play calling and bad bad personnel management . Good luck .lol

• Poo 5

I didn’t have high hopes of getting him for less than a second round pick. I’m not thrilled about giving up an extra 4th but I get it. We probably could have had him for just this years second, but this is the cost of doing it for 2022. Hopefully he will be a steal for us and our pick will be much lower next year.

I told people here previously they were crazy for thinking Darnold would go for just a 3rd or 4th.

I'm more optimistic this year at this time than last.  Worst case scenario, we get David Carr 2.0 a qb that can't un-shake his ptsd from playing behind a trash o-line and we get a high draft pick next year.  This gives us ability to potentially take Slater or even Sewell at LT.  If for some reason the 49ers take Mac and Fields starts falling, I think you still take a swing at him.

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

Our fans are tying to put a positive spin on this because it feels good, so I get it. They put the spin on Teddy as well. It's emotional.

No - some of us are using logic and not emotion.