• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Double dip SEC CB's, select Tyson Campbell in round 2

Zod

If we go defense again in the 2nd or 3rd, Snow has no excuses next year and our defense better ball the fug out.  

With the contract situation of many guys on our offense, we can't literally go 10+ picks ignoring the offense. This is the same offense that may lose Robby Anderson next year, need to replace most of the OL, may not have found an answer at TE...and still may need a QB.  If we want to become the Bears, we're doing a great job. But the offense has to get an infusion of young talent and quick. 

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

Pre-Draft Analysis

Owusu-Koramoah is an instinctive, agile and fast weakside linebacker who always seems to be around the ball. He's fluid, smooth and fast in coverage. He flashes the ability to pressure quarterbacks with his closing burst and suddenness. -- Steve Muench

According to ESPN, he's the highest rated player still on the board. They have him at #12 overall. He's considered to be a 3 down player so he isn't a liability in the passing game. We need playmakers at every level of the defense. We really don't have an impact guy in our LB core.

I would prefer a LT in round 2, but if this guy could play I wouldn't jump out of a window.  He would make the defense better from day 1.

I thought JOK would be gone already. I know the needs with tackle and I’m a big proponent of addressing it, but I’d jump at him if I had the chance. Good luck opposing QBs getting a pass off with this D that we’ve assembled. 

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

Pre-Draft Analysis

Owusu-Koramoah is an instinctive, agile and fast weakside linebacker who always seems to be around the ball. He's fluid, smooth and fast in coverage. He flashes the ability to pressure quarterbacks with his closing burst and suddenness. -- Steve Muench

According to ESPN, he's the highest rated player still on the board. They have him at #12 overall. He's considered to be a 3 down player so he isn't a liability in the passing game. We need playmakers at every level of the defense. We really don't have an impact guy in our LB core.

I would prefer a LT in round 2, but if this guy could play I wouldn't jump out of a window.  He would make the defense better from day 1.

The value is certainly there.  And JOK could slot into the MLB spot next to Shaq nicely.  And he's got the positional flexibility that Rhule and company love; he can play a hybrid safety/nickel position similar to Chinn. So I could see it.

But man, I really hate to ignore the offensive line.  If they do, it better be for a safety-ish defender or a high upside WR to replace Samuel/hedge against losing Anderson or Moore to free agency next year.

Let's assume for just a moment that Horn is everything a first round draft pick should be.  Let's go so far as to say he becomes our new Josh Norman / Chris Gamble.  Consider . . .

Who played opposite of Josh Norman?  Of Chris Gamble?  The honest answer is . . . IT DIDN'T MATTER.  Once you have a CB who can lock down the best player on the other team, pass defense gets really easy.

We don't need another CB.

I feel like if you take a corner at 8th then you need to feel like an entire side of the field is locked up. 

The rest of the guys (Pride, Buoye, Jackson) should be able to hold down the rest. Is the DB from UGA going to be plug and play above those other guys who are more seasoned? I doubt it. 

Get the safety from TCU if you want another DB. He could start day 1 over Burris likely. If there is a day 1 starter on the OL would also rather have that....just don’t want a project player. If the player is a starter that’s all I care about.