• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yall ain't gonna wanna hear this but

RumHam

19 minutes ago, RumHam said:

We gotta do defense in round 2. Between the notre dame linebacker, tcu safety and alabama defensive tackle, if any are there, we gotta pounce. This draft was top heavy on offense then a stark fall off. There's no lineman let alone tackle worth taking. But, to shore up our defense with an elite defender like any of these, gotta pull the trigger. Gotta remember teddy turnover is gone and we get mccaffrey back.

We don't have to do anything.

I'll be keen to see what we do though - if we've finally got a GM / HC that makes Draft picks based on their big board rather than the BPA at a position of need then I'll be delighted.

If we pick up a defensive player at S / LB etc then that's exactly what we've got.

It makes me uncomfortable because I had wanted this year to be all about that offense, but I'm kind of getting obsessed with this idea of a defense that completely shuts down any offense. 

Lockdown defense will make it a lot easier for our offense. Better field position, less pressure to score, etc. And we've got big time playmakers on offense to score when we need.

Yes we need help at LT and OG and ...well...OC. and yes, Darnold is nothing but a big '?' 

There's still more opportunities to improve the OL and this defense along with CMC and the receiver corps will give Darnold plenty of real chances to succeed. 

• Pie 5

22 minutes ago, RumHam said:

We gotta do defense in round 2. Between the notre dame linebacker, tcu safety and alabama defensive tackle, if any are there, we gotta pounce. This draft was top heavy on offense then a stark fall off. There's no lineman let alone tackle worth taking. But, to shore up our defense with an elite defender like any of these, gotta pull the trigger. Gotta remember teddy turnover is gone and we get mccaffrey back.

Agreed. I think you can throw Elijah Moore (would be a great Curtis replacement) and Terrance Marshall up there also. Teven Jenkins is the only lineman I would consider at 39. I don't think any other lineman is worth taking in the top 50.

I would love it if the ND linebacker fell to us! That would give us 2 hybrid players on defense and would allow us to get super creative and deceptive with schemes on defense.

• Pie 2
  • The D 2

i really want linemen but having an elite defense will really help if we're looking to bring darnold along like he's a rookie.

that said we'd better make a trade if somebody we like at tackle slides down the board. i'd love to have at least one new starter on that line going into the season.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You're largely correct but if we want a starting left tackle (from the draft) for the upcoming season, I think it has to be the next pick.

Edited by Little Goody Two Shoes

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Agreed. I think you can throw Elijah Moore (would be a great Curtis replacement) and Terrance Marshall up there also. Teven Jenkins is the only lineman I would consider at 39. I don't think any other lineman is worth taking in the top 50.

I would love it if the ND linebacker fell to us! That would give us 2 hybrid players on defense and would allow us to get super creative and deceptive with schemes on defense.

I think Humphrey is right there. Has some freakish numbers put up if you need a center. Not sure we are solid on the over paid turnstile we have there. 

• Pie 2