• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says "no way in hell" he'll build a dome

Joe Person
@josephperson
·
14m
Tepper says at some point BoA Stad is “going to fall down.” But ... “I’m not building the stadium alone. The community is going to have to want it.”

Joe Person
@josephperson
·
17m
Tepper says the Charlotte Pipe and Foundry location still makes sense. Or the Panthers could play somewhere else for a couple years and build a new stadium on the site of Bank of America Stadium. That was what the Vikings did.

Alaina Getzenberg
@agetzenberg
·
16m
One possibility for a new stadium includes building where the current one is and playing elsewhere for a few years. Said Pipe & Foundry site still could make sense.
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Translation: the community is going to have to pay for it.

47 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Always nice to see a billionaire tell the city they're going to fit most of the bill for his brand new stadium.

That new stadium isn't as far off as people think. Just remember guys billionaires have feelings too 🙄

I dont get the backlash at his statements. He basically said the only way a stadium goes up if the community wants it. That's different from everyone's thinking that he wanted a new stadium now a while ago. Far as who pays... has there ever been a situations where the bill wasnt put on taxpayers or some of it? Cuz i dont know. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1