• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive David Moore (OL)

Zod

Larkin getting cut too with an injury settlement is a bit surprising. This is why we should have used one of those 11 draft picks on a DE.  Linebacker a DE were two missed opportunities from the draft.  To that point, look at the spots we keep churning.

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe he wasn't learning the playbook? Maybe he just showed he didn't have the ability?

All I know is that if you're getting cut as an OL by the Panthers right now, that gives a very poor outlook for your professional football career.

Like the others are saying, he must have been brutally bad to be cut from this oline

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That was quick.  I wonder how they can evaluate someone like that that quickly?  A handful of practices and no games.  Seems odd after all of the talk

The most obvious difference between Senior Bowl and Training Camp is how one performs against other college players albeit good ones, vs how one performs against actual NFL players.  I'd say this was the most likely reason: He looked good against college competition but got exposed against pros. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If I recall correctly, they picked him up because of his Senior Bowl performance.

Guess it didn't translate...

It's crazy because I thought he was one of the more impressive OL at the Senior Bowl. Guess Deonte showed enough that they didn't want two developmental guys.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That was quick.  I wonder how they can evaluate someone like that that quickly?  A handful of practices and no games.  Seems odd after all of the talk

They've had contact with him since April, and a hands-on look at him since May.

It's not just about being physically able to play the position - maybe his attitude was awful. Maybe he couldn't process the playbook. Maybe he wasn't coachable. 

Either way, considering they're able to carry 90 players at the moment, something must have been really off for him to be cut this early. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

That senior bowl week, analysts had him as high as a 3rd/4th rounder.  I have to imagine there was some type of thing with him not translating whether it was learning, attitude, etc. if he couldn't make it to the first preseason game.

We quietly still have Rhule's old Baylor center in Tecklenberg on the team.  Find that interesting.