• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All three passes Jaycee Horn defended against Steelers

Zod

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Man, he really looks the part.  Great size for a CB.  Love the mentality too.  He should be a pro bowler early 

That’s what really stood out to me. He looks huge. We haven’t had a corner that big since Chris Gamble. He’s going to a QB’s nightmare once he gets some seasoning on him. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

I'm really optimistic for this defense. I'm not sure how good we'll be this season, but I think we will be pretty good. But we have a window coming up to be a truly exceptional defense imho.

I think we’re an MLB and FS away from being an elite defense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Well he wasn't exactly going against Montana and Rice out there, but I like the positivity.

Yeah, I mean Haskins couldn’t complete a pass on us hardly last year in the regular season.   He had like 2 INTs and a little over a hundred yards with all his WRs. 

Horn looks good.  But we have seen almost nothing from him yet.  

• Beer 1

The thing I like most about Horn is the video he put up on his YT account (I don't follow it, it was just linked somewhere) where he went to train with Xavier Howard and co. I think in Miami.

Anyway, he picked up their coaching tips instantly. That, coupled with his freaky length and athleticism, is incredibly exciting.

I don't think many people will be moaning about not taking Player X with that pick in a few years time. He's that good. 

• Pie 1

We were average in pass defense last year, it really wasn’t too much of an issue. Though interceptions certainly were.

We have good pass rush too, get to the QB quite a bit, but have trouble closing the deal. Which isn’t the worst. I call it up to experience.

Both those things will no doubt be improved.

Run defense…was atrocious. It was the reason teams got all those third down conversions. The chance was in their favor to get a first if they just ran in 3 times according to the average..4.7, third worst in the league.

When the opposing team knows this, and the fact you aren’t intercepting it, they’ll eat you alive with short passes and running it. And that’s what happened.

And it still appears we struggle against the run game. Fix that, and this is a legit defense without a doubt.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The thing I like most about Horn is the video he put up on his YT account (I don't follow it, it was just linked somewhere) where he went to train with Xavier Howard and co. I think in Miami.

Anyway, he picked up their coaching tips instantly. That, coupled with his freaky length and athleticism, is incredibly exciting.

I don't think many people will be moaning about not taking Player X with that pick in a few years time. He's that good. 

Being able to take other people's techniques and skills and molding it into your own is a skill a lot of people overlook. It's that willingness to continue learning is why Horn is going to be elite.