• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson trade now as unlikely as ever...

SizzleBuzz

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one is giving the Texans even close to what they want given the massive black clouds hanging over Watson's head right now. They pretty much only have two choices - trade him for much less than they seem him to be worth or sit tight and hope the clouds pass.

Even if they traded him, the return (the draft picks) can't be used until next April/May. His value skyrockets as soon as there is clarity from the legal system/league on how much time he will miss. There's no reason to trade him before next offseason. He'll get a year off from getting hit every week behind the Texans Oline and cash those big checks.

I dont think they can just sit him indefinitely?  At some point he's gonna file a grievance with the union.

I think he will be gone by week 4 tho...  There's gonna be a team with playoff hopes that loses their starter in the first few weeks of the season that'll be willing to pony up more than what anyones offered so far. 

15 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Even if they traded him, the return (the draft picks) can't be used until next April/May. His value skyrockets as soon as there is clarity from the legal system/league on how much time he will miss. There's no reason to trade him before next offseason. He'll get a year off from getting hit every week behind the Texans Oline and cash those big checks.

IF his situation gets rectified. They're definitely taking a risk here. Without knowing exactly what teams were willing to offer currently it's impossible to gauge just how big of a risk.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

I dont think they can just sit him indefinitely?  At some point he's gonna file a grievance with the union.

I think he will be gone by week 4 tho...  There's gonna be a team with playoff hopes that loses their starter in the first few weeks of the season that'll be willing to pony up more than what anyones offered so far. 

For a guy who's in danger of going on the exempt list?

• Beer 1