• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Execs rank the Panthers in the nfc

Zod

I would put the odds of the Panthers drafting in the top 5 at extremely low. Darnold would have to be injured, or we would have to have multiple COVID outbreaks. We currently have too much talent on the roster to expect a top 5 draft pick. Now if Sam plays below average we could be drafting somewhere near the 10th pick. I think if Sam gives an average performance we'll be drafting around the 16th pick.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Um, we were 2-9 or 2-7 in one score games. Depends on if you stretch one score to 8 points. Winning 1/3 of those gets us to 3.7 and 3 wins. That adds 1 or 2 wins. 6-10 or 7-9 does not get us to the playoffs.

People keep forgetting that we won a couple close games as well and 8 points isn’t as easy a come back as 7 or under.

We weren’t a playoff team last year. We were closer to the playoffs in 2016 than last year. At least then we lost some games on FG misses alone. Only 3 of the one score losses in 2020 were FG close. Most were 7-8 point losses.

you're right but i believe a team skirting a 9-8 record in this division this year would be in contention for a wildcard 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, travisura said:

Here's to being closer to 6 than 16.

I don't understand this mindset.

We're into Year 2 of a major rebuild. I just want to see progression this season. The team massively outperformed all projections in 2020 and that was down to the coaching staff. 

If we finish 'middle-of-the-pack' this year that's not the disaster some are making it out out to be. We're not on a boom or bust journey. 

IF the rest of the team looks great and Darnold is the one holding us back (unlikely, but I'll play this game) AND they fall in love with Howell et al, they'll make the move to go get him. They've shown that. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I don't understand this mindset.

We're into Year 2 of a major rebuild. I just want to see progression this season. The team massively outperformed all projections in 2020 and that was down to the coaching staff. 

If we finish 'middle-of-the-pack' this year that's not the disaster some are making it out out to be. We're not on a boom or bust journey. 

IF the rest of the team looks great and Darnold is the one holding us back (unlikely, but I'll play this game) AND they fall in love with Howell et al, they'll make the move to go get him. They've shown that. 

The mindset is that being ranked 6th in the NFC is better than being ranked 16th so I’d rather be closer to 6 than 16?

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

if he’s close to the NY Jet Darnold we’re picking in the top 5.

As a “Darnold hater”….this just isn’t true.  Sam isn’t Jimmy Clausen.  If our team is healthy….Sam being Sam isn’t going to give us a top 5 pick.  We should be able to win around 7 with being NY Sam (pending we stay healthy).   

You have to throw out 2020.   The Jets tried to orchestrate a top draft pick.  It nearly worked.  It was a legit tank job.   They just didn’t pull off making the cast bad enough to get the #1.  

if Sam isn’t great but merely plays the best football of his career? We should be able to get close to 9 IMO. 

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

We won 5 games with Teddy as our QB.  If Sam implodes, less than 5 wins is not unrealistic.

CMC was literally hurt all year.  

If he doesn’t increase our win total higher if healthy last year ….then we should of traded him yesterday. 

and our D should be improved this year on top of the CMC factor.