• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Field Yates on matchups

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I think if they just have a "pass rush" that could be an issue for the O Line..."good pass rush" may not be needed from foes all season.

Yea the Jets defense knows it'll only take a few pressures and sacks to get Darnold rattled. Panthers O-Line is horrible so McCaffrey gonna need to take pressure off Darnold early with some dump offs. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Yea the Jets defense knows it'll only take a few pressures and sacks to get Darnold rattled. Panthers O-Line is horrible so McCaffrey gonna need to take pressure off Darnold early with some dump offs. 

and I'm ok with that.  They know they have to account for CMC, but that's what Brady's offense does.  Despite our OL, if Sam can diagnose and make quick decisions, we'll move the ball.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Captain Morgan said:

and I'm ok with that.  They know they have to account for CMC, but that's what Brady's offense does.  Despite our OL, if Sam can diagnose and make quick decisions, we'll move the ball.

Watching how quick Tom Brady gets the ball out of his hands in the Tampa/Dallas game last night shows me the blueprint for how Darnold could have a successful future in the NFL. It's probably the only way he has a future.

If Joe Brady can dial up the easy completion plays for Darnold and the defense can shut down a rookie QB it should be an easy win. I'll be concerned if they're calling 7 step drops with that O-Line. I won't rule it out because this is the Panthers we're talking about after all.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Watching how quick Tom Brady gets the ball out of his hands in the Tampa/Dallas game last night shows me the blueprint for how Darnold could have a successful future in the NFL. It's probably the only way he has a future.

If Joe Brady can dial up the easy completion plays for Darnold and the defense can shut down a rookie QB it should be an easy win. I'll be concerned if they're calling 7 step drops with that O-Line. I won't rule it out because this is the Panthers we're talking about after all.

A seven step drop?

Image result for hindenburg crash

• Pie 3

when two less talented teams play its really about what the OC and DC do. Will be interesting to see how each exchange blows week one. By week three though both of these teams will prob have enough game film on them to exclude them from the playoffs. Sad but true.

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I know I'm a boomer with the still making fun of peoples names like a kindigardner but that guy and his name of Field trips me out. Then one of their CBs is named Javelin.

Parents shoulda named me Thermonuclear Device and maybe I woulda made the pros.

Edited by Fox007

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Yea the Jets defense knows it'll only take a few pressures and sacks to get Darnold rattled.

they are hoping that he is still the same guy. 

he's not.

he might be kind of skittish the first drive, but he'll settle in. he needs to trust his playmakers and get the ball out quick. i think he's been working on that and these guys are going to give him plenty of reason to trust them.

• Beer 3