• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Sam needs preseason reps, this coaching staff is clueless."

Rags

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Most of that will wash away with a winning season so hopefully that's on the horizon but it's difficult to blame folks for being hesitant this is a fanbase that has been snakebitten a few times to put it mildly. I'm thrilled we kicked the poo out of the Saints though that's the starting point 👍

I agree. I am just tired of the negativity. And I am not going to to be negative while we are 2-0 lol

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Is Sam Darnold being coddled? /s

I love how all the miserable blokes and tar refused to do anything but trash Rhule and Darnold for months and months whilst suggesting we trade multiple first round picks for Zach Wilson can’t even give credit right now.

Sure, it’s two weeks in. But it’s sure how they are all “meh, I’m not going to get too excited”

We get it. You insisted how the odds of this Darnold trade working were essentially nonexistent. Hold the line. Don’t give in. We passed on Fields. We are almost certainly going to regret it... lol

Its been a long haul my friend....literally months of arguing, trying to convince people that this could work....  Sam could improve... this line was not garbage and Rhule and Fit know what they are doing.

In the end, only wins will change minds.    I hope Rhule, Darnold and the o-line continue to frustrate their critics.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For the first time in a long. Time, breaks are falling our way. The Saints were decimated. The Texans are going to be starting a 3rd round rookie QB next week. I said before the season that it'll take 6-7 games before we know who we really are. If we're still looking good at that point I'll get excited.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic...  not saying this is the same as 2015 (although I think this defense is better), but winning as we figure it out reminds me a lot of 2015.  That first 2 or 3 games, I don't think anyone expected us to end up going to the Superbowl...  but, because we won as we were figuring it out, we picked up momentum and developed confidence that carried over once we did and took us to 15-1.  I see a lot of similarities with both teams, except this offense is far more complete than Cam having to do absolutely everything in '15.  We have a lot of promise, but developing that confidence, even as we make mistakes and struggle is key to turning a good season into a great one.

• Pie 3

Payton isn't accepting any excuses for how his defense played and we shouldn't either. If there's any coach, besides Belichick, that can plan and scheme a gameday without assistant coaches, it's Payton. Injuries are part of the game. If they don't have good depth, it's their problem not ours.

We played an excellent game. Not perfect. Geez, Horn missed an INT; he should've had 2./s I am very, very happy and looking forward to Thursday. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, some of y'all are really cocky after beating possibly the worst team in the league in week one and a Saints team missing half their roster and coaching staff in week two.

I'm happy to be 2-0, but I'm not about to start getting cocky just yet.

The Saints were missing one really good player and a bunch of jags. If we lost Jaycee (or Chinn or whoever) and a few other jags I doubt our defense would crumble to nothing.  I say we should take pride in this win, it was against a good team coached by one of the best coaches in the game. 

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I just have a bad taste in my mouth when we are called "cocky" after humiliating the team that is, in my opinion, our most hated division rival and going 2-0 to start the season. 

Yeah, its early. We have a very long way to go. But its been damn negative in this place for a year. I am going to celebrate like a fan for the start we are off to, a defense that currently looks vicious and a QB that is showing he may be more capable than what a lot of the huddle haters gave him credit for being. 

It's pretty normal to be excited based on what we have done so far. And I am going to be. 

Agreed, but I have learned to ignore the nattering nabobs of negativity.  If you don't ignore them, they can take all the joy out of winning.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, some of y'all are really cocky after beating possibly the worst team in the league in week one and a Saints team missing half their roster and coaching staff in week two.

I'm happy to be 2-0, but I'm not about to start getting cocky just yet.

Or maybe handling teams worse, or worse off is a sign of a solid team. 

Win the games you're SUPPOSED TO WIN.

Under Rivera we often played down to the competition and lost as a result.

• Pie 2

So people are being negative after us dominating the Saints? The same team who is our rival? I don’t care if they had JAGs on offense and defense. The goal is to win. We did that and we embarrassed them in the process. 

Just like Carolina-Duke. That’s a rivalry. I don’t care who is playing. Just win.

• Pie 2