• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Texans. What do you know?

Zod

We are capable of winning this game.  But it won't be easy.  Our roster is too thin, too young for us to anticipate any easy games.  I think the loss of Tyrod Taylor is what made us such solid favorites here.

We are a promising, young team right now.  That's all.  This is the first of many traps we can fall in to.  We have to keep that one week at a time attitude this year.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I think it will come down to how much time Mills has back there. He seemed to play okay when Taylor came out. If you give almost any QB enough time, they can burn you. I see the game plan looking eerily similar to the Saints game. If we can blanket Kamara, we can do it to pretty much any back in the league. If our pass coverage plays like they did against the Saints, this is an absolute W. No wins are absolute before the game, but this should not be close. We should win by 20 in my opinion. If we protect the ball on offense, it's a win.  

Going to be fun to see how the team travels. If the defense can continue to suffocate the run and force the rookie to deal with our pass rush + coverage then the offense is going to get their chances with the ball to put points up.

If the Texans defense is as sus as the stats show, we should be in for a good night.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

That is probably how it will start and what Huston will expect. 

That's why you draft a Jaycee, and sign a Bouye to have alongside Jackson, with Chinn / Burris as the single high with the other in the box to help versus the run or blitzt off the edge. 

It was a thing of beauty to see us in press outside, and all the bodies mugging the LOS with a Safety ALSO coming off the EDGE. Wasn't none of that sit back poo, and give them the easy 3-5 yard dumps + YAC. 

I know you can't do that every snap, or versus every team, the point is we FINALLY have this as apart of the defensive arsenal, we can play coverage, and get AGGRESSIVE. 

• Pie 2

Im pretty confident that this team is being coached up not to look past anybody. And everyone in interviews seems to be conveying that they're taking everybody seriously. 

I'm really hoping to see two things on Thursday:

1.) Balance run/ pass attack - Its a long season and I'd prefer we not be without Christian. This coaching staff has to find ways to rest him and get contributions from other guys. 

2.) Competent Special Teams play : I dont think Eckerson has looked bad, but  dont think we're looking for him to break any big returns. But there were a few plays that really could have changed the momentum for the Saints that happened on Special Teams. (The blocked kick and the punt that hit one of our guys foot.) Our kicking woes continue, but the new guy also doesnt get the length on kick offs that JJ got us. One of the best things you can give an Elite defense is good field position.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Im pretty confident that this team is being coached up not to look past anybody. And everyone in interviews seems to be conveying that they're taking everybody seriously. 

I'm really hoping to see two things on Thursday:

1.) Balance run/ pass attack - Its a long season and I'd prefer we not be without Christian. This coaching staff has to find ways to rest him and get contributions from other guys. 

2.) Competent Special Teams play : I dont think Eckerson has looked bad, but  dont think we're looking for him to break any big returns. But there were a few plays that really could have changed the momentum for the Saints that happened on Special Teams. (The blocked kick and the punt that hit one of our guys foot.) Our kicking woes continue, but the new guy also doesnt get the length on kick offs that JJ got us. One of the best things you can give an Elite defense is good field position.

Yeah, I think they should have had Hubbard or Freeman in there at the end of the game when we were chewing up the clock.  No need to run CMC into a brick wall 8 times when the game is pretty much over.