• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Grades - Panthers defensive line.

Zod

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'm not subscribed so can't confirm/compare, but aren't these individual grades all relatively low? Aren't the best players in the 80s/90s? If it is like I suspect, further proof that PFF is full of poo a fair amount of the time.

I think it shows what you can do with guys that don't show up on the stat sheet.

Shaq Thompson’s week one grade was a 75.7 and he had arguably his best game as a Panther.

Roquan Smith in week 2 had a grade of 90.2 having similar stats to Shaq in week one except he took his int to the house which has more to to with his teammates block than him individually. 

Is PFF really going to bump a rating by almost 15 points for a defensive TD?

I really wish we would just ban PFF and their blatant favoritism in their magical ratings. Not having anyone from this defense rate above an 80 so far this season is enough evidence for anyone to realize PFF is a full of poo.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Roy had a series (i think in the 3rd) where he solo stopped the iants. He got pressure, stuffed the run, and batted down the 3rd down attempt. 

DL is my fav foozeball group, its been a joy watching this year. Every single DLmen in one or the other game has brought the pain.

Foozeball is the devil.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Shaq Thompson’s week one grade was a 75.7 and he had arguably his best game as a Panther.

Roquan Smith in week 2 had a grade of 90.2 having similar stats to Shaq in week one except he took his int to the house which has more to to with his teammates block than him individually. 

Is PFF really going to bump a rating by almost 15 points for a defensive TD?

I really wish we would just ban PFF and their blatant favoritism in their magical ratings. Not having anyone from this defense rate above an 80 so far this season is enough evidence for anyone to realize PFF is a full of poo.

Chinn was rated in 50s until he got rookie of the month.....then magically his number improved..... You got a grasp on PFF, it is what it is....... its does help forum talks. I value them like a decent poster on the huddle. Plus if I have NO CLUE at all, I will at least read what PFF thinks (if i hold a interest).

I feel that it is more important that multiple players on the d-line is able to contribute and pull their weight as opposed to only one player doing all of the work (Julius Peppers). It makes it harder for opposing offenses to prepare and scheme who to focus their attention on when pressure is coming from all directions.

Edited by Dave Gettleman's Shorts
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Not having paid too much attention to PFF what grade is considered elite?

90 is elite, 80 is great, 70 is good, 60 is average and so on

very few players actually get a 90 for an entire year. The large majority of players are in the 50-79 range

• Pie 1