• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

^^^This.  Not a Robby hater whatsoever, but he really is mainly just a deep threat. 

He'll see more action on 3rd now that Arnold is gone.  Last year showed there's more to Robbie.  In fact I think Robbies presence help make this trade possible, knowing there are other sure hands besides DJ.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Horn isn't coming back this year.  I didn't want to say it here , but CB's beat the sht out of their feet and I was horrified at the the thought that  Horn might not come back at all, and if he did, could he be the same Horn?  We will know in time how tragic last Thursday was.  I hope I'm am so wrong.  But trading for another corner, a young first rounder, indicates to me, that they think, or aren't willing to risk that the Horn we knew for 2.5 games may not come back.  They are also in "win now" mode.

I guess we're trading down with our first rounder next year.

Gonna be tough to trade down from 32, but guess Fit will work his magic.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Horn isn't coming back this year.  I didn't want to say it here , but CB's beat the sht out of their feet and I was horrified at the the thought that  Horn might not come back at all, and if he did, could he be the same Horn?  We will know in time how tragic last Thursday was.  I hope I'm am so wrong.  But trading for another corner, a young first rounder, indicates to me, that they think, or aren't willing to risk that the Horn we knew for 2.5 games may not come back.  They are also in "win now" mode.

I guess we're trading down with our first rounder next year.

You're right - BUT, there is no need to rush him back this year.  Broken bones heal, and when they do, they should be back to as strong as before the break.  I really don't see any scenario where Horn is back this year.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I didn't want to say it here , but CB's beat the sht out of their feet and I was horrified at the the thought that  Horn might not come back at all, and if he did, could he be the same Horn?  We will know in time how tragic last Thursday was.

21 years old and broken bones... I'd like to see an example of a career ending to that... He would have to have some sort of disease to not heal from that....

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3

26 minutes ago, TheoJay10 said:

We should have no issue resigning him look at how much CJ is owed over the next 3 years, 7.3 million!!! That’s nothing. Donte can stay outside we can move Henderson and Horn around contingent on the other teams formation and really be elite. God my pussy is we rn, it’s too early to be this goddamn horny. 

This might not be popular, but honestly at this point, if we keep Donte, I would have him play free safety. I think he can be super elite at that position vs good CB. 

I don't think he would want to do that, but that would take this defense to another level. Move Chinn to strong safety roaming in the box...SHHHHHHH

10 minutes ago, t96 said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. What the hell is Jacksonville doing, that is an absolute steal for a top 10 pick at CB. I liked Dan Arnold and will miss him but time for our boy Tommy Tremble to step up even more. What a fuging trade baby. Especially once Horn comes back this CB group is INSANE. Unfortunately for fans of Donte this could mean he's gone after this year as we now have Horn and Henderson locked up for cheap.

Yeah, I see no reason of keeping him. That isn't a knock on him, but we also have Taylor on a rookie contract too. And who knows what we will do in the draft next year. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Gonna be tough to trade down from 32, but guess Fit will work his magic.

Yeah, He's gong to have to work magic to get some Day 2 picks as both are now gone.  I mean, even 10 day 3 picks won't make up for the loss of both our 2nd and 3rd round selections.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

21 years old and broken bones... I'd like to see an example of a career ending to that... He would have to have some sort of disease to not heal from that....

I'm no expert, but my understanding is it depends on thewhere exactly the breaks are and what type.  Yes he's young.  I hope you're right.  I sincerely do.  

Wow!!!!  WTF!?!?!?

Not happy about giving up another 3rd, but he was a great prospect coming out and I believe in this staff's ability to develop talent to their fullest potential.  This could be a huge get.

A couple of other things...  crazy we've traded away or released like half of our FA class lol.  And the amount of hype the Darnold to Arnold thing had me believing he was a valued part of the offense for the foreseeable future in the staff's eyes.  I was never impressed though...  And I guess the staff wasn't either lol.  

And lastly, I hope we still bring in Sherman.  Interested to see if we're still interested after this.