• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, I hope it works out and he was a bad fit, but he didn’t play well as a rookie before Urban. We are definitely taking a chance. If he plays like his draft slot, it was a steal. 

I think peeps should pump the brakes. This was an upside trade, I get it. Jackson on 1s is suicide. But it’s very risky from a lot of angles. I don’t see this home run everyone is giddy about.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think this is either a boom or bust trade tbh.  I suppose he could end up being just average but it seems likely he'll either flame out here too, or become a fixture of the D. He has all the physical tools to be great, but it sounds like he's dealing with significant mental health issues.  Hopefully he is getting the treatment he needs.

Sounds like there is zero evidence of mental health issues
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=34274&page=3

I couldnt find anything else.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think this is either a boom or bust trade tbh.  I suppose he could end up being just average but it seems likely he'll either flame out here too, or become a fixture of the D. He has all the physical tools to be great, but it sounds like he's dealing with significant mental health issues.  Hopefully he is getting the treatment he needs.

Right I'm not ready to say it's a lock but neither was Darnold...we just realy aren't used to have a coach who can actually develop players and a real GM and Pro Personnel guy like Dan Morgan too.

From what we've seen so far from our staff it seems this has a better chance to succeed than not, but I can't say it's 100% lock.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

No 2nd round pick. Now no 3rd round pick. How, exactly, are we fixing the OL next offseason?

I love this trade but I gotta admit this was my initial thought as well when I heard the terms of the trade.  Godalmighty its imperative that we get a franchise LT in the first this year and then pray some interior guys drop in this draft

• Pie 3

36 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Wow

1. Horn is probably out for the season, I don't want us to rush him though, do what's best for him. Injuries like that aren't injuries you play around with.

2. Donte Jackson isn't getting re-signed.

1. you are right

2. The only way jackson comes back is on a team friendly deal or Henderson just stinks

The Anderson extension isnt looking so hot right now

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I love this trade but I gotta admit this was my initial thought as well when I heard the terms of the trade.  Godalmighty its imperative that we get a franchise LT in the first this year and then pray some interior guys drop in this draft

We can't afford to go bargain bin shopping for OL unless our two rookies really, really show out. Right now we need upgrades at 3 or 4 positions...

But CB is a need right now too. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Remember we need a franchise LT AND CENTER, that's unless you think we should extend Paradis? 🥴

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

If he is an average corner, it's a good trade.

If he allows our defense to not fall apart because of losing Horn, it's a great trade.

If he lives up to his ability, it's a fantastic trade.

Horn allowed us to play differently...hope he can just come close to that.

• Pie 6

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I think peeps should pump the brakes. This was an upside trade, I get it. Jackson on 1s is suicide. But it’s very risky from a lot of angles. I don’t see this home run everyone is giddy about.

That's true but they scouted him last year. They liked him. They brought him here for cheap.

Based on what I've seen of their picks performances so far? I'm willing to trust their assessment of Henderson and I expect he will develop into a good player pretty quickly as that seems to be what they do here. 

• Pie 3