• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Look at CJ

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

He kinda reminds me of Peppers interviews when Pep was a young buck...Peppers could not stand to be interviewed and didn't like it when Mr. Richardson once called him out

I was thinking Chris Gamble but I can see Pep also. He strikes me as a reserved kid outwardly but seems a bit serious inwardly, if that makes sense.  I'm struggling with the words to define it but it's nothing to worry about.  He's just a man of few words. Rhule gets him and that's all that matters.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, jayflip said:

Meh. Gonna disagree with you on this one. Newton knows the situation and should frame his curiosity differently so as not to rock the boat on this newcomer so quickly. 

“WhY DiD JaCksToWn JaGgiEs DuMp YoU sO FaSt?! RiDdLe mE ThAt?!”

Or

”Things obviously didn’t end the way you wanted in Jacksonville. What was it like getting the call that you’re coming to Carolina and the #1 defense in the league? How do you see yourself fitting in on this team compared to how Jacksonville was using you?”

You're hired, welcome to ESPN

He’s going to be a good one. Not every player you get to know is going to be this extroverted, brash guy. There’s also nothing wrong with that, as we’re all different.

I can’t wait to see him play, and I’m glad he’s on our squad. I can’t wait until Jaycee heals up, as I have a feeling both he and CJ will be a fixture in our secondary for years to come. He reminds me of Chris Gamble and Peppers, and Gamble was my favorite player for a long time. Quiet, and made plays on the field. One of the best corners we’ve ever had. 

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

According to my “research” (I.e I quickly scanned a Wikipedia page), the young man turns 23 tomorrow. 
That said he is young, has barely been a professional for a year and just had his life turned upside down. I can see this being an awkward situation for anyone and when you consider he is an introvert by nature I think it went well.  I will give home some leeway before judging. Let’s see what happens. 

happy birthday CJ and welcome to Carolina

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, jayflip said:

I thought it went well. Not everyone is comfortable in front of the cameras and press, especially coming to a new city and program. Introverted people aren’t disinterested. 

And JFC David Newton 🤦‍♀️

David Newton is so fuggin annoying to me…jesus

Bring back Rodrigue and can this mfkr

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

16 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Panthers are not blue.

Panthers are black. 

Therefore our home uniform should be black when it's not hot outside. 

So Seahawks are neon green and blue?  Rams are yellow and blue?  Broncos come in Navy and Orange?  Eagles are green?  I am not sure the color scheme has to mirror the chromatic composition of the mascot-that is all I am saying.

11 hours ago, AggieLean said:

He’s going to be a good one. Not every player you get to know is going to be this extroverted, brash guy. There’s also nothing wrong with that, as we’re all different.

I can’t wait to see him play, and I’m glad he’s on our squad. I can’t wait until Jaycee heals up, as I have a feeling both he and CJ will be a fixture in our secondary for years to come. He reminds me of Chris Gamble and Peppers, and Gamble was my favorite player for a long time. Quiet, and made plays on the field. One of the best corners we’ve ever had. 

I think so.  Worth a third (minus a fifth) and a mediocre TE.  Hope this means more Tremble and not more Thomas.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I am really excited to have him. One of the reasons is that he played mostly RB in high school So, once he gets the ball he has the mentality to score. I love that in a DB. Which is why I was screaming when Donte was just looking at Burris on that Winston interception. Like WHAT ARE YOU DOING DUDE?! BLOCK!

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So Seahawks are neon green and blue?  Rams are yellow and blue?  Broncos come in Navy and Orange?  Eagles are green?  I am not sure the color scheme has to mirror the chromatic composition of the mascot-that is all I am saying.

Well those teams are Moronic do we need to be Moronic?

Seattle's original colors were Marine Green and Blue so colors that matched the environment of Seattle. 

The other two are stupid.