• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic predicts Panthers at Cowboys

Zod

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Nah. I don't care for predictions at all. 🤷‍♂️

That said, the only prediction I feel would be accurate is that win or lose, this place will overreact to the game.

But it is what the whole football world does each week.  Your position noted.

5 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Cowboys are better than the Saints. I just think everyone needs to know this is a great Cowboys team. I can’t stand them but damn if Dak is healthy with all the weapons they’re hard to beat.

Just so you know we don't care what you think and you picked the Saints against us so what do you know?? I don't know Dak stays healthy against this pass rush.

I remember in 05 our defense was good with a solid offense. The bears had a serviceable offense with elite defense. 

All pundits said the Panthers would edge out the bears but we ended up getting embarrassed. 

I feel like this early in the season you still bet on the defense. 

not mad at fans rooting for their team, I couldn’t say who wins this one. I hope the refs are good. 

• Beer 1

DraftKings Line: Dallas -4

Something has to give when the Carolina Panthers and Dallas Cowboys meet Sunday in Texas, because Carolina and Dallas are a combined 6-0 against the spread. And while it's fair to distrust both teams this early, five of our six experts aren't down with the Cowboys laying more than a field goal on short rest.

"Carolina has made the most of its early-season opportunities," O'Donnell said, "and its defense looks legit. Dak Prescott and the Cowboys present the toughest test to date. While I expect Dallas to win, I'll take the points, as the Panthers D does enough to keep this close. And if it really rises to the occasion, well, that's covered too."

The Panthers continue to be without star running back Christian McCaffrey, but they have the league's top defense in terms of DVOA, and it's a little easier to buy in to that unit than the Dallas D, which has also played surprisingly well thus far. The Panthers have invested heavily in their defense in recent years, while the Cowboys are depleted on that side of the ball.

It's hard to imagine that either team will run away with this one, but laying more than a field goal with a team due for a dud is risky.

Predictions

Davenport: Dallas
Gagnon: Carolina
Kenyon: Carolina
O'Donnell: Carolina
Rogers: Carolina
Sobleski: Carolina

Score Prediction: Panthers 24, Cowboys 23

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Now transfer that over to the Great Clock Manager.

He may actually be worse than Rivera, in terms of total confusion as if clock management just became a thing.

8 hours ago, NAS said:

It’s funny how the rationale for making picks is just about the QB.  If there is one thing that negates great QB play it’s an elite pass rush. Panthers take this one

Whoever gets more and consistent QB pressure will most likely win.

7 hours ago, mbarbour21 said:

If I am not mistaken, I heard that Dak is like 1st in getting the ball out fast. Which can be good against an efficient pass rush. However, the fact that we have multiple different guys dropping back and you don't know who that is, getting the ball out too fast can be costly. I think Dak has to hold the ball longer than he wants too and we continue our 4 sacks a game. 

I think we get a defensive score this week off of one of those sacks.  Maybe Pick-6 off a wobbler as he gets hit.

We’re too fast, just gotta get that ball on the ground.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Side Note regarding reporters: Bridget Condon (aka the female voice you heard asking questions at several recent Panthers press conferences) is joining the NFL's media team.

Not sure who else does, but I remember her verbally backhanding David Newton for a stupid question a while back.

Edited by Mr. Scot