• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want to see why you never trust PFF grades?

ncfan

Pfft grade are like fantasy football touts writeups...uhhh yeah here are the guys I'd target this game...and then they proceed to list every single fuggin player from every single game. the info product space is all a scam. For $299 a season, I'll tell you how the browns are 7th in the league in scoring bandanas and rank 14th in average air quality measurements per snap.

• Flames 1

I don't know how their grading system works but they're so high on it that they refuse to adapt it for when it gives them a clearly flawed result. Hell, they might be crediting him for a plus play on the plays where he's in good position but gets forklifted into Darnold's lap because from a technical perspective he did do his job. He was just physically incapable of carrying out the task. Which is one helluva flawed grading system if that's how they're rationalizing his grade.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I think the fact that these grades are available SO QUICKLY after gameday should be an inkling of how much thought goes into them.  There is no way someone watches every play, focused on one and only one player to accurately grade them, for every team in the league, by the next day. 

That's a MINIMUM of 11 winds of one play, and honestly, it should probably take at least two to three times that to understand what a given players assignment on any given play may have been.  What's more, you may need to understand what the other players were supposed to do.  Was the back supposed to chip there?  Maybe the tight end?  Little stuff like that could make a mountain of difference to how a tackle might set up to play a snap.  

I'd be a lot more interested in seeing Panthers staff grades for our players, but obviously that will never happen.

• Pie 1