• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephon Gilmore is about to be released by the Patriots!

jasonluckydog

59 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

what do draft picks have to do with FA signings

the cap is a myth if your owner has enough money and

/checks notes

tepper is fine

Also now would actually be the prefect time to invest MORE into the CB position as we have 2 key players on rookie deals for the next 3 to 4 years. We could sign Gilmore and extend Jackson and still be good to go. 

Gilmore doesn't fit the profile of players we sign under Rhule.  He's 31 now, he'd be 33 by the end of a 3 year contract.  He wants 15 mil per year . . . pass.

With Henderson and Horn on the roster as big, physical, man corners.  Donte to bring speed.  I just don't know where you fit him.  That said, at 7 mil per year for two years?  I'd do that.  We could still pay Donte, we'd have Horn and Henderson.  Our CB group would be STACKED.

• Beer 1

Just now, KatsAzz said:

A bg fat  no  to signing the 31 year old Stephon Gilmore to a contract that would probably be around $15 million a year when we have other players that need to be resigned.

Yeah well Tampa cannot afford that either so he’s likely not going to go to a good team AND get the bag he’s trying to get. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not so sure that happens here either...

Nor would I want it to...  but honestly, considering he's coming off this injury, he's 31, and no team really knows what they're getting until they get him in the building, I honestly have no idea what team would pay him anywhere near that amount.