• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Gilmore

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I don't dislike it he should be good for us. But these two moves for corner so quickly within a week of each other only make me wonder more if we should have just taken Slater at 8.

Hindsight is 2020. Not sure there's any way we could've foreseen trading for two starting caliber corners this year

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Honestly I have mixed feelings about this (age and price for contract), but a 6th for a one year rental (at worst) is fine by me. It also keeps Tampa from signing him. Also I had mixed feelings about the Darnold trade, so I might just sit back and see what happens…

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

This trade don’t help if u don’t have a qb in a couple weeks so it would be a waste right?

So you're plan would be... sit on the team you have, don't try to nab an all-pro corner for basically no return, and hope for the best? 

Marty really does post on this board!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Explain to me how this is "win now" mode when the O-line is literally the worst part of this team and the major fact of the woe's this offense has had AND the major reason we lost to Dallas? This line isn't going to hold up the whole season. 

Tell me how getting a 31 year old CB is Win now mode? Like, what am I missing here. 

while you may not like the move, what about making that move tells you we are not in win now? just apply some quick logic. you pointed out he is 31-so hes not young, which means we are not building for the future...

again, you may not like the move, but the move shows we are ready to win now. just use logic. 

13 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

LOVE IT!!!!

However, if he comes back healthy and strong, it could be the end of DJax in Carolina.

Cause if we decide to re-sign Gilmore at the top dollar he wants, we won't be able to afford DJax on top of that when we'll already have Horn and Henderson locked up, can't pay for a 4th CB at that point when the money is needed elsewhere like the OL.

Will probably keep Bouye on a team friendly deal and Keith Taylor.