• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam old Sam ...

WOW!!

1 minute ago, Byrdman4real said:

I saw Marshall open, just like last week in Dallas. Anderson need to be benched for a game, and move Marshall to his spot and activate Shi Smith in the slot.

I can get behind this. Shop Robby for a lineman. Or a groundskeeper. Someone who can identify bears and cats at least.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Darnold was lucky to play for a big program in college. He’s been below mediocre to me since college. Saying one bad game is an excuse to an entire career of subpar games. 

He’s not the answer. Some people need to see it now rather than later bc we’re going to ruin the prime of a lot of actually good players. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

This is, without a doubt, the most correct thing said on this board all day.

As you are well aware, I was heavily anti-Darnold prior to the season but I just don't see how we could ever hope for him to be successful like this.

It would be different if he were failing completely on his own accord but that isn't the case at all.

• Pie 6

21 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s tough. He had an absolutely terrible game and you are right about every concern….but the line was as bad as I have seen it in a long time, and it’s been horrific all year. 

The Oline sucks for sure and Sam is just a average Qb in my eyes. That combo equals failure. Sure he would be better with a decent Oline, how much better? We will never know this season.

28 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

There isn't a QB in the league that could have worked behind that line with those play calls today. We had one receiving threat and a bunch of bad choices out there.

We had designed plays where our great hope was freaking Ian Thomas. Ian "Catch three balls a year and two are my own" Thomas. 

They blanketed DJ and put a waterboy on Robby. Terrace Marshall, Jr. stood around looking tall most of the day.

Yes there is. What a ridiculous statement. A lot of QB’s would have performed well enough to win. Sam had multiple open receivers including Robbie but he just can’t hit them in stride. Or he overlooks them and throws into double coverage instead. Sam has all the ability but doesn’t have the brain or eyes unfortunately 

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/bruins-hurricanes-could-swap-linus-ullmark-and-martin-necas.html The Boston Bruins are continuing to garner more and more interest for their former Vezina Trophy-winning goaltender Linus Ullmark, giving them a chance to be picky about the return. That could exclude much of the league from acquiring the star netminder, with Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman sharing on The Jeff Marek Show that he doesn’t believe teams like the Vancouver Canucks or Montreal Canadiens have the assets to acquire Ullmark. Friedman added that the Carolina Hurricanes could be one of the few teams rich enough for the deal, especially if they involve forward Martin Necas. https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/carolina-hurricanes Expect the Maple Leafs and Predators to be two of the top suitors for Hurricanes defenseman Brett Pesce if he hits the open market next month, The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta reports.  
    • They do, just when. I hate to be pessimistic but it’s all about the QB. I can’t recall a QB situation where a bad QB (not bad stats, but looking like they don’t belong) turned a team around. Peyton Manning had a ridiculous amount of interceptions but he didn’t show his future limitations. Usually, it was picking another QB in the draft. Unfortunately, IMHO, we won’t be really better until we get our Cam v2, someone who can carry the team and not win only if we have a stud lineup around him. That’s why I’m more interested in how the rest of the draft picks do to see if we can actually solve holes like the ones we created losing Olsen, CMC, Moore, Turner/Kalil/Norwell, etc. I want to actually be one QB away not Fitterer’s definition of one player away.
    • I will say once you have been in newer arenas and stadiums with their way better bathroom set-ups, it is such a massive improvement. It clears up a lot of insane lines just waiting around to piss.  I have taken to not drinking at all at older stadiums just so I don't have to deal with planning when to take a piss and what part of the game I am gonna be forced to miss because of it. It's so nice to be in a new arena/stadium with way better bathroom accessibility that doesn't force you to literally miss the game. Not to mention I will actually spend money on booze there then.