• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady with lazy play calling

Ja  Rhule

LSU's 2019 offense

Joe Burrow - 1st overall draft pick

Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson - 1st round picks

Terrace Marshall Jr - 2nd round pick, would have been a 1st if healthy

Offensive Line - Damien Lewis, LLoyd Cushenberry (3rd round), Saahdiq Charles (4th round)

I think his rep was built largely by having exceptional tools to work with.  Everyone wants the next McVay and they think he fits the bill.  

Granted, he is working with a trash OL.  The first 3 games, we were going against crap secondaries and could get the ball out reasonably quickly and mask the ineptitude of the line, but now that we are playing average ones, it is catching up with us.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

LSU's 2019 offense

Joe Burrow - 1st overall draft pick

Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson - 1st round picks

Terrace Marshall Jr - 2nd round pick, would have been a 1st if healthy

Offensive Line - Damien Lewis, LLoyd Cushenberry (3rd round), Saahdiq Charles (4th round)

I think his rep was built largely by having exceptional tools to work with.  Everyone wants the next McVay and they think he fits the bill.  

Granted, he is working with a trash OL.  The first 3 games, we were going against crap secondaries and could get the ball out reasonably quickly and mask the ineptitude of the line, but now that we are playing average ones, it is catching up with us.

The lack of passing TDs from his offense is a big one for me.  I think he can crank out some cool stuff but it's the situational playcalling that still gets to me.  He should just be the play designer, not caller.  He got skyrocketed into his role and these coaches are going through as much growing pains as some dreaded player sophomore seasons.  Interested to see how they respond.

• Pie 4

Lots of teams are running the same poo over and over.   That isn’t unique.  Some of that is used to setup for when you don’t.   Defensive players often know exactly what opponents are going to do.  If you could pause a game Luke Kuechly would tell you everything about to happen. 

Sam needs to do a better job of not locking on so consistently of where he is going with the ball.  And not throwing when it isn’t there. 

I think Rhule even discussed in the presser that DB jumping the same route last week.   You only comment on that because it was discussed before hand….

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Lots of teams are running the same poo over and over.   That isn’t unique.  Some of that is used to setup for when you don’t.  

Sam needs to do a better job of not locking on so consistently of where he is going with the ball.  And not throwing when it isn’t there. 

I think Rhule even discussed in the presser that DB jumping the same route last week.   You only comment on that because it was discussed before hand….

Have you ever called an offense? Do you know how complicated you can make it?