Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

"Cam Erving is a former first rounder"


Zod
 Share

Recommended Posts

Should a team who are bad at evaluate OL, spend a first round pick on OL?

Or either use that pick on a "safer" choice or trade back and spend the picks on OL.

Safer = at another position they have had success with before.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kass said:

Should a team who are bad at evaluate OL, spend a first round pick on OL?

Or either use that pick on a "safer" choice or trade back and spend the picks on OL.

Safer = at another position they have had success with before.

They should hire me as a consultant for oline drafts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I would love to see a Brady, Cam, Matt, Deonte, Taylor line up. Maybe even swap Pat for Matt but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Elflien play center in the NFL.

Elflein played well at center as a rookie. He was terrible there in his second season. Pretty sure he's only played guard ever since then.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Elflein played well at center as a rookie. He was terrible there in his second season. Pretty sure he's only played guard ever since then.

Well then I’d imagine he’s probably worse than Paradis since he’s already a mediocre guard.

I just want to see our best players on the field without taking guys out of their best position. Moton needs to stay at RT. Brady needs to be on the field and I just don’t see him as a guard and he is most experienced at LT. Erving is a decent run blocker which would be very welcoming from the LG spot. I don’t want to hear about weight anymore. Get Brown on the damn field. Miller is going to get Darnold killed sooner or later.

  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

part of the reason paradis looks so bad is being surrounded by flaming garbage on either side.

if we suddenly had even adequate LG play and a serviceable tackle we could scheme around RG and the line would be 1000% improved.

  • Pie 6
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I would like to shuffle our way into an ok lineup with this group I just don't think it's going to happen we should've done more with the opportunity. We had the cap space. Now we are just hobbling toward the midway point of the season hoping we can maybe get to 8 wins if we are lucky and Sam doesn't continue to regress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

part of the reason paradis looks so bad is being surrounded by flaming garbage on either side.

if we suddenly had even adequate LG play and a serviceable tackle we could scheme around RG and the line would be 1000% improved.

This^^^^^
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zod said:

If anyone ever throws this out there, keep in mind that while he was the 19th pick overall in 2015, he was traded for a 5th round pick in 2017. 

Erving saw his biggest success in the NFL at left guard where he was actually adequate. I would not mind seeing him return there while Christensen gets a shot at his natural position Left Tackle.

 

Carry on. 

Seems like you were reading this smart guy who had this to say before the long drink of water press conference:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...