• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady Press Conference After the PHI Game

SBBlue

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

On the last 2 losses:   
"The biggest thing execution.  Cut the turnovers."

On Robby's double moves request:
"You can always turn on the tape...execution just wasn't at a high level.  When the plays were there, we didn't make enough of them...I wouldn't say he was wrong with the thought process, especially after the fact."

On pass protection, he emphasized staying ahead of the chains to avoid 3rd and long, avoiding penalties and turnovers.  "Just get in a rhythm."

On Sam holding the ball:
"He needs to just continue to play in the system....He's not feeling the pass rush. ...He's not seeing it."

On the 3rd quarter doldrums:
"You try not to make it a bigger deal than its.  I think its more of a mindset...we need to have the same mindset we do when we start the game....We have to do a better job in the 3rd quarter.  We have to do a better job in the 2nd half, just not where its the most important thing....There are definitely half time adjustments....that's the chess game as coaches."

Remember how after the Darnold interview the other day we were saying, well no matter how you feel about him he takes the blame and doesnt make excuses for himself,  well this is the opposite of that. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Remember how after the Darnold interview the other day we were saying, well no matter how you feel about him he takes the blame and doesnt make excuses for himself,  well this is the opposite of that. 

It feels that way.  Just watching it, I should count the number of times he said "execution".   I was expecting to hear a "missed opportunities" at one point.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Pretty weak responses from Rhule and Brady this week. That's when players either quit, or start freelancing which might actually be a good thing

• Pie 3

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty weak responses from Rhule and Brady this week. That's when players either quit, or start freelancing which might actually be a good thing

I watched Rhule's too and didn't come away with anywhere near the same feeling as I felt with this one.    Rhule certainly didn't say that Sam is not feeling the pass rush.  

• Pie 1

So he said there isn’t a lot of time during halftime and they need to stick to the gameplan they worked on and execute in the second half whether it’s the first snap or the second half of the start of the second quarter.

They he says the other coaches are also playing the chess game and aren’t going to come out in the second half showing you the same stuff you’ve been seeing all game.

So did he just admit teams we’re playing are making adjustments against us but we just stick to the game plan and just need to execute better?

Opponents have already come out and said we are running the same poo over and over again and it’s allowing them to capitalize on that.

Brady needs to get his ass out of the press box because I’m convinced he has no idea what he’s looking at when it comes to reading opponents defenses. That’s the main reason you’re in the box to begin with. If you can’t tell your opponents defense is sitting on the routes you’re calling for your receivers we’re fuged.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2