• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This loss is on the receivers, not Sam.

onmyown

Darnold is crap, there was a contingent of aware fans who saw this when we were beating up on three terrible teams that the throws he was making were going to turn into interceptions eventually.  More turnovers than touchdowns, the ratio is just going to get worse.  Impossible to judge the on-field capabilities when this bum is behind center

• Poo 2

Remember when Rhule said he wanted Sam to play more within the system? Ever since that comment Sam hadn’t been running as much, or maybe I’m just mistaken. We didn’t get much going on offense until Sam started scrambling. Throughout the game there were many opportunities where he could’ve made a play with his legs but chose not to. I’m thinking he refrained from doing so in efforts to “play within the system.” Can’t really do that with a leaky offensive line and receivers who largely took a day off. 

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

Sam has to throw to where recievers will be. He does one of four things:

1. Too afraid to throw it so he takes a sack

2. Throws it behind receiver so they have to stop or slow down, which causes some drops (not all drops, but some)

3. Gets fed up with not being able to complete a pass so he throws a dumb pass that has been intercepted a ton lately

4. Throws a quick 5-7 yard pass when he drops back, which is what he has only been completing, unfortunately

Either way, he doesn't have the awareness and is too afraid to be an NFL starting QB. Good guy, but time to move on (again)

This take is solid.  I agree but. since we are in the season, I hoping he finally makes improvements. 

1 minute ago, dave-o said:

A loss from top to bottom today...    Hell...  I bet the guy in charge of washing the jocks after the game even failed at somethin'.....  

I have no doubt there's extra grass stains on the jerseys where other better equipment guys got that oxy clean. We got that oxy contin maybe.

Someone dial up Sean Vicodin

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Sam has to throw to where recievers will be. He does one of four things:

1. Too afraid to throw it so he takes a sack

2. Throws it behind receiver so they have to stop or slow down, which causes some drops (not all drops, but some)

3. Gets fed up with not being able to complete a pass so he throws a dumb pass that has been intercepted a ton lately

4. Throws a quick 5-7 yard pass when he drops back, which is what he has only been completing, unfortunately

Either way, he doesn't have the awareness and is too afraid to be an NFL starting QB. Good guy, but time to move on (again)

I guess you forgot the 40 yard pass on 4th down or 20 + one too...just saying... 

For shits and giggles,  try lining up, have someone snapa a FB to you and try to hit anyone when someone is in your face within 1.5 secs.  and then look at your list and see how you fair.  Smile, we other know the answer don't we. 

2 hours ago, frankw said:

7 offensive points in 3 quarters. Without the blocked punt for a touchdown we aren't even in this game. I have no response for anyone who walks away from this loss thinking Darnold and these receivers don't need to put in a ton of work. That begins with Sam Darnold stepping up and being the leader of this offense. We have gone out of our damn way to make him comfy we don't even have a viable backup. If the receivers are struggling rally your offense and stop throwing picks or putting the ball on the ground.

Frank, your right here they all need to work harder.  However, let me ask you and anyone else here... where was his outlet pass when the WR were cover...which they were most of the game.  None, and guess what, the announcer kept repeating that...  The scheme is not working without CMC so rather then adjust the scheme ( like maybe go up tempo) I see the  same patterns which require time to develop - which with this OL is a prescription for disaster, just my thoughts. 

BTW, IMHO Sam will never be a great QB that can carry a team (but look dam close it on that last drive) but he can be good enough to win games when everyone else executes.  The last three games there has been plenty of blame to go around form players to coaches.... 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Spatric said:

Frank, your right here they all need to work harder.  However, let me ask you and anyone else here... where was his outlet pass when the WR were cover...which they were most of the game.  None, and guess what, the announcer kept repeating that...  The scheme is not working without CMC so rather then adjust the scheme ( like maybe go up tempo) I see the  same patterns which require time to develop - which with this OL is a prescription for disaster, just my thoughts. 

BTW, IMHO Sam will never be a great QB that can carry a team (but look dam close it on that last drive) but he can be good enough to win games when everyone else executes.  The last three games there has been plenty of blame to go around form players to coaches.... 

Agreed about the scheme and playcalling.  But the quarterback still has to make good decisions with the football and we need leadership on this offense this is a very young team.

• Beer 1