• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport believes Watson will be traded before the deadline

t96

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Watson is still a young QB, so any trade with him in mind doesn't have to be about a team that's immediately ready to compete. It appears that most of the detractors here just don't want to acknowledge that acquiring Watson is about the long game. Sure, there is risk. But, Tepper doesn't fear risk, he built his success upon it.

I’m fine with risk, but not when crippling the ability to build the rest of the roster by trading 3 1st rounders AND roster players, as is the reported asking price. Good luck building the OL and the rest of the D...

Just now, Squid Game said:

If Houston is smart, they make the trade with Carolina. Miami doesn’t have a 1st or 2nd round. We at least have our 1st round. If Watson can’t play this season, that will end up being a very high 1st round pick. 

Miami has a first round pick from a trade with San Francisco. 

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

I’m fine with risk, but not when crippling the ability to build the rest of the roster by trading 3 1st rounders AND roster players, as is the reported asking price. Good luck building the OL and the rest of the D...

What else does the Defense need? 

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Folks…given our history with Richardson, Carruth, and Hardy, trading for Watson would be the biggest PR nightmare Charlotte has ever seen. 10x that disaster if we trade away a fan favorite.

We’re in 2021 now not the 90s. People don’t really care anymore. Probably 90% of Panthers fans now don’t even know who Carruth is. 

Edited by Squid Game

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I can just tell as it's written in Carolina Panthers DNA that we'll trade for him and plan to play him and the NFL will immediately put him on the Commissioner's Exempt List. 

He can't be put on the exempt list unless it's felony / violent crime. 

These are all civil lawsuits, and the only criminal aspect is half are complaints not charges. 

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He's not wrong.  Robert Kraft was able to sweep his scandal under the rug AND got to keep his NFL franchise.

I'm not sure Robert Kraft's situation compares. His was with a willing participant. Albeit, a paid participant. But sex work shouldn't be illegal anyways.  

2 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Like signing two mediocre vet QBs back to back for costs they are not even close to and have never showed they are worth?

I agree with your post but I’m trying to tell you we are looking at an organization that seems to do things just cause they can and until they show otherwise that is the expectation one should have.

Sam is two years and Teddy was a 3 year deal with an out after two. Those were terrible moves but they were terrible SHORT term moves. This would have ramifications for a decade. I’d like to think they weren’t this dumb to not vet everything out and be absolutely sure he can play with no issues. If not, then welcome to the browns. I mean we’re already there anyway but this would be the final nail in the coffin with absolutely no hope of a future.