• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms: People have caught on to the Panthers offense.

Tbe

1 minute ago, mwright350 said:

Honestly I think the only people in the country that have not caught on to the Panthers' offense are the Panthers themselves.

Another poster and I (can't recall who it was off the top of my head) were just discussing the repeat plays here yesterday, I believe.  Specifically the repeated end arounds that have no variation and look exactly like the ones ran before, both to WRs and Tremble.  The run plays, too.  Idk how many times we've set up for an obvious run, and everyone knew it was a dive or belly, straight up the middle.  Even the slant/flat combos come out of the same formations and the same setup everytime...  that's where I say, it's not just Darnold sucking, and then trying to protect him, it's also Brady.  He isn't giving defenses anything to second guess or hesitate about.  I said it in the gameday thread last week - if we fans sitting at home or in the stands see a formation and setup/motion, and know we've seen it before and what is coming, you know NFL defense are salivating presnap because they damn sure do.  It's just embarrassing.

• Pie 6

Darnald was our third pick in QBs this off season. Can't say they were wrong with Justin Fields either. He has been horrible. Either way it would make sense to run more than pass if your QB doesn't get it. Yet every week we expect Darnald to see the field better than the past two weeks and he doesn't. Poor coaching right there. 

• Pie 2

This is the second former NFL QB breaking down film pointing out that Sam Darnold is messing up the absolute simplest of things. Simms here is basically suggesting what I have been for awhile - Brady is drastically dialing back his offense because of the QB. Teddy was very physically limited, but he didn't require a coloring book for a playbook and that's why the overall offense was considerably better last year. We haven't actually seen Brady's offense yet because we haven't had a QB yet.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the second former NFL QB breaking down film pointing out that Sam Darnold is messing up the absolute simplest of things. Simms here is basically suggesting what I have been for awhile - Brady is drastically dialing back his offense because of the QB. Teddy was very physically limited, but he didn't require a coloring book for a playbook and that's why the overall offense was considerably better last year. We haven't actually seen Brady's offense yet because we haven't had a QB yet.

My thoughts too. If it was just Brady, then we would have seen this overly simplified play calling last year.