• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Bouye (Teams showing interest?)

CarolinaLivin

33 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Why are we worried about fixing anything? We are 3-4 and sinking and we haven’t even gotten to the hard part of our schedule.

Nobody is giving up anything notable for AJ Bouye.  At best, he would get us a 6th round pick, and even that is a stretch.  Why would a team trade anything worth having, just so they could have Bouye for ~8 games?

This is what some of you guys never seem to understand.  If trading guys on the last year of their contract was that easy, then every team would be rushing to do it.  You guys overstate how much Donte Jackson would get us back in a trade too.  He's on the last year of his deal.  At best, a contending team might trade a 4th for him, but it ain't like he's some elite superstar.  He's a solid corner who teams would wait to bid on when free agency hits.  So even a 4th probably isn't something teams are calling us to offer.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Nobody is giving up anything notable for AJ Bouye.  At best, he would get us a 6th round pick, and even that is a stretch.  Why would a team trade anything worth having, just so they could have Bouye for ~8 games?

This is what some of you guys never seem to understand.  If trading guys on the last year of their contract was that easy, then every team would be rushing to do it.  You guys overstate how much Donte Jackson would get us back in a trade too.  He's on the last year of his deal.  At best, a contending team might trade a 4th for him, but it ain't like he's some elite superstar.  He's a solid corner who teams would wait to bid on when free agency hits.  So even a 4th probably isn't something teams are calling us to offer.  

He is under contract for next season. I think he has been decent so far this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, davos said:

Bouye has been great and I like him for us.  Donte before overpaying would be smart.

Chinn, Bouye & Taylor have been the glue for us in the secondary.

Gonna be very interesting to see where they decide to allocate money in the secondary moving forward.  I think there is a real possibility of us re-signing Gilmore assuming he comes in and balls out the rest of the season.  So, we would then have Gilmore, Horn and Taylor as our 3 main CBs, which, from a financial perspective anyways, makes the most sense to me.  If we're going to be handing out a big money extension to a CB they're gonna have to choose between Donte and Gilmore.  Too many holes on this team to pay them both big bucks, especially considering the draft capital we've thrown at the position recently.  Hell, I wouldnt be upset with Horn, Taylor and Boyue next year honestly. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Understandable Fitterer would want significant compensation. Bouye had been an excellent free agent acquisition and has a favorable contract (signed 2yr $7 million deal in April) 

He came in and took over that DB room right away. Both DJ, and AJ paid him numerous compliments early on. The guy fits right in.

• Pie 1