• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OBJ on waivers and the Panthers…

WarPanthers89

Not just no, but hell fuging no. This dude has been a lockerroom problem everywhere he's ever been and his play no longer even comes close to justifying dealing with it. If we were a team on the brink of being a contender with an obvious weakness at WR, then maybe. It'd be something to think about. But honestly, that's the only type of team that should even consider bringing OBJ into the fold whether it's via waiver claim or via FA if he clears waivers. I won't be shocked if he clears.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, pamlicopanther said:

What good has he really done for any team he has been on?  He made a catch with one hand one time and was crowned the greatest WR ever.

I wouldn't go that far. His first three years in the league he looked like a sure-fire HOFer. He probably had about the strongest first three years of any WR in league history. Since then though? Meh. Hindsight being 20/20, the Giants made a great call cashing in on his trade value and moving on.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He may not be claimed at all. In my opinion he shouldn’t be claimed but I bet the Saints get him. Fug that guy…I’ll never forget him taking headshots on Norman and screaming on the sidelines like a man child. 

Norman broke him. Maybe it was the baseball bats? He has never been the same. Guy is mentally fragile. 

• Pie 1

He may end up clearing waivers. If he gets picked up, the team is on the hook for the rest of his rather large salary for this year(I believe). He has $15 mil/year in 2022 and 2023 but zero of that money is guaranteed. 

It's possible teams may just want to get him on an even smaller deal since he is a head case and injury prone. Remember that Antonio Brown never recovered his market value after all his hysterics.