• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One touchdown in 12 quarters

Zod

11 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Those 4 wins are so misleading 

No, the sad part is, they're not.  This team has enough talent and ability to win 11 games or so and make the playoffs.  The difference in those 4 games were that we were able to scrape up just enough offensive production to complement the defense's play.  All the games we have lost were simply because the offense couldn't produce enough to offer some balance to the defense's performance and eventually the levees break.  When the offense does absolutely nothing, it changes the whole flow of the game and how the opposing offense can play and attack.  

Like today, if we generate ANY offense whatsoever, NE can't keep running the ball.  They did so because they knew we couldn't threaten them offensively, so they figured they could slow the game down, chew up clock, and beat us up in the process.  They also did it because when they came out trying to throw, Mac got his fat ass destroyed early by Reddick and Burns...  but, once they saw our offense couldn't threaten them, it changed the entire outlook of the game.  If we're slinging the ball downfield and threatening them every possession, they are forced to throw to match our scores/production.  But, instead, we decided to run, run, throw an incompletion or interception, or then punt if we made it to 4th down...  it's what makes this team so hard to watch.  If this offense was even below average, we are likely 8-1 now, possibly 9-0.  But the offense is absolutely abysmal and has no business being on an NFL field outside of a handful of special players.

But, let's see how Rhule addresses it this week...  it's why Tepper paid him the big bucks to make big boy decisions.  It's time for those decisions to be made.  And if he chooses poorly, the majority of the fanbase and his locker room are checking out.

• Pie 1

Yeah, Darnold is done. Maybe a really good coach could have rehabilitated him after the Jets. We'll never know because he came here and reverted back to his old ways after three games. 

That being said, he isn't THE problem, he's just one of the on field parts of it. Joe Brady is not an NFL-level coaching guy. Our QBs coach is not an NFL quality guy. Our Receivers Coach isn't an NFL quality guy. Nor our TE coach. Our offensive line coach isn't capable of coaching in high school. Our strength and conditioning team needs to be shown the door.

If Rhule wants to save his job, he needs to shitcan that whole lot and replace them as fast as possible. Honestly, though, Rhule probably needs to go as well. There's too much talent on this team to perform this badly, this consistently. 

If I were Tepper, I'd bring the entire coaching staff and the GM in and treat them to a resume writing seminar and a presentation by the local Two Men and a Truck moving company sales reps.

4 hours ago, mav1234 said:

3 games since Darnold has had a TD.  Since Dallas, he's had 2 TDs, 8 INTs, 1 fumble lost, only broken 60% completion percentage once (with drops it'd probably be twice, heh), and is averaging like ~160 yards/game.  He isn't the only problem on offense, but its time they sit him.

Rhule's at fault for this risk, and he really could have helped Darnold (and the team) out in a few ways... but ah well. Rhule now needs to actually show the team that he's willing to try something different I think

Since Week 3, Darnold has literally been Jimmy Clausen in 2010. The stats back up that claim.

And sadly, we’ll end the year with a comparable record as 2010.

Darnold, David Carr, Clausen, Weinke and Fasani all had this gift of not only failing to avoid pressure, but in many cases seemingly running their way into it. Darnold had a sequence yesterday on 3rd and 20 where he appeared to roll out into a pressure and immediately threw it out of bounds. God, such 2010 vibes. 

Need Auburn to win out and for a banger like “Black and Yellow” to come out for the full 2010 experience now 

• Pie 1

I believe the blame for our offensive ineptitude goes like this:

1. Sam Darnold - far and away the shittiest starting QB in the NFL

2. Putrid o-line play.  I don't care if he has "the 7th most time in the pocket".  The o-line is abysmal.

3. Joe Brady - I don't even know what hes trying to do out there most of the time.  I want to give him a SMALL pass, due to the 2 things above.  But, hes been absolutely terrible as well.  A competent OC would figure out some way to get this team moving down the field.  But Brady and Rhule seem to be in over their heads.  Either we let them learn on the job, or we shitcan them right now.  

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

3. Joe Brady - I don't even know what hes trying to do out there most of the time.  I want to give him a SMALL pass, due to the 2 things above.  But, hes been absolutely terrible as well.  A competent OC would figure out some way to get this team moving down the field.  But Brady and Rhule seem to be in over their heads.  Either we let them learn on the job, or we shitcan them right now.

That's been my big thing.  You need to design the offense to play to the player's strengths instead of weaknesses.  We aren't running plays that match our strengths and give players a chance.  Instead, each offensive possession is just a train wreck...

Brady has been hailed as this offensive guru.  Maybe he can be, but it's not here.  I think he lucked out with a LSU team with first round NFL talent that looked really good.  He's been too inconsistent.  Like you can find a hundred plays where he makes is dead easy for Darnold to read and react.  Then you can also see how discombobulated the team is right now and no one knows what they are doing.

I think Brady will finish the season, but he's going to have to show he can figure it out.

31 minutes ago, d-dave said:

That's been my big thing.  You need to design the offense to play to the player's strengths instead of weaknesses.  We aren't running plays that match our strengths and give players a chance.  Instead, each offensive possession is just a train wreck...

Brady has been hailed as this offensive guru.  Maybe he can be, but it's not here.  I think he lucked out with a LSU team with first round NFL talent that looked really good.  He's been too inconsistent.  Like you can find a hundred plays where he makes is dead easy for Darnold to read and react.  Then you can also see how discombobulated the team is right now and no one knows what they are doing.

I think Brady will finish the season, but he's going to have to show he can figure it out.

Joe Brady wasn't even the OC for the LSU team and didn't even call the damn plays!  Thats my thing.  He was hailed as this offensive guru from the record setting LSU Championship team, but im now questioning how much he actually had to do with all that.  

• Pie 1