• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Problems in NY?

TheCasillas

Zach Wilson said his "style of plays needs to get more like" Mike White. 

Wilson said White is his best friend on the team and that he would try to emulate White's patience and willingness to check down to the open man once he returns to the Jets' starting lineup. Jets players reportedly chant "Mike White" every time the quarterback enters the team's locker room; they've yet to chant "Zach Wilson" when the No. 2 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft strolls through the locker room. It's an undeniably awkward situation for Wilson, White, and the Jets decision makers. White could make it even more awkward if he fares well against the tough Buffalo defense this Sunday. 

Should we try to fleece (I mean get fleeced by) the Jets in the offseason for Wilson? All jokes aside, It will be interesting to watch how this all ufnolds in New York. Especially considering Mike White is on a one year deal with the Jets. Watching Mike White against the best passing defense in the league this Sunday will be an interesting watch, and a name to monitor. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

As someone who really liked Wilson in the pre-draft process...

He has looked absolutely horrendous.  And not in a, "well, he's just a rookie" way like Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.  Those guys at least look comfortable with the speed of the game.  Wilson looks like the game moves way too fast for him.  Makes the OL look worse because of his horrendous feel for the pocket.  Locks onto the first-read and never goes off of it.  Accuracy is putrid.

He could still get better, but I wouldn't count on it. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Zach Wilson said his "style of plays needs to get more like" Mike White. 

Wilson said White is his best friend on the team and that he would try to emulate White's patience and willingness to check down to the open man once he returns to the Jets' starting lineup. Jets players reportedly chant "Mike White" every time the quarterback enters the team's locker room; they've yet to chant "Zach Wilson" when the No. 2 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft strolls through the locker room. It's an undeniably awkward situation for Wilson, White, and the Jets decision makers. White could make it even more awkward if he fares well against the tough Buffalo defense this Sunday. 

Should we try to fleece (I mean get fleeced by) the Jets in the offseason for Wilson? All jokes aside, It will be interesting to watch how this all ufnolds in New York. Especially considering Mike White is on a one year deal with the Jets. Watching Mike White against the best passing defense in the league this Sunday will be an interesting watch, and a name to monitor. 

No No No GIF

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

As someone who really liked Wilson in the pre-draft process...

He has looked absolutely horrendous.  And not in a, "well, he's just a rookie" way like Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.  Those guys at least look comfortable with the speed of the game.  Wilson looks like the game moves way too fast for him.  Makes the OL look worse because of his horrendous feel for the pocket.  Locks onto the first-read and never goes off of it.  Accuracy is putrid.

He could still get better, but I wouldn't count on it. 

He plays a lot like Johnny Manziel did. Which is to say, horrendous. 

• Pie 2

Have to be a mid round pick which the jets would never give him up for this quickly. Love the talent, like some of his movement and throws are Aaron Rodgers esque but he needs work. He’s a better prospect then Darnold imo. More of a fluid athlete/thrower. But don’t do what we did with Darnold for a high round pick again unless you’re getting a known qb.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

QB's in particular can be ruined by the situation they are drafted into.  The league is littered with talented QB's who got thrown into a bad situation and never recovered.

Drafting a QB at any point is just a crap shoot anyway.  You roll the dice, you take your chances.  It's still way too early to call it quits on Wilson. 

I don't like the Manziel comparisons at all.  Zach Wilson has shown more toughness in half a season than Manziel showed in his career.  Zach Wilson may flop, just like any QB.  But he ain't Johnny Football.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Let’s just draft somebody. We already learned (I hope) the hard way 

Like Wilson?  

Don't get me wrong, I didn't care for the Darnold trade, but drafting is also a crapshoot that fails a lot more often than it succeeds.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II