• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think we have a realistic shot after a loss tomorrow?

onmyown

It’s Saturday not much to talk about.

Let’s be real, the Panthers will be 4-6 tomorrow.

At the same time I expect a win vs. WFT and Miami putting us at 6-6. Although I must say the Dolphins win over the Ravens was…weird.

That leaves the Panthers 6-6 vs. 

4-4 Falcons (home)

5-3 Bills (away)

6-2 Bucs (home)

5-3 Saints (away)

6-2 Bucs (away)

The Panthers will pretty much need to win 3/5 of these last games, but more likely 4/5 and that’s…hard to see. Yea yea any given Sunday and all that. But this is discussing logical outcomes.

(very) General outlooks:

NFC South

Good news: 

The Saints have roughly just as tough of a remainder schedule.

Bad news:

Even though we know they’re a lock…the Bucs have it easy peasy.

Meh:

Falcons….slightly easier schedule than Saints. Still very much in position to knock Panthers out but I don’t see it happening. One of the few teams (literally 3) with an oline ranked worse by one spot than the Panthers. lol

Also, one of the leagues worst defenses. The fact they’re 4-4 is dumbfounding.

Outside the south, NFC top 3 contenders:

Vikings:

Relatively tough schedule. Don’t see it for them.

Seahawks:

This team is the issue imo. Wilson is back, oline and defense isn’t great lately just below average overall,  have 3 very easy games left, but are only one win behind the Panthers. Personally I see it coming down to them and just maybe (unlikely) 49ers being the only obstacle.

49ers:

Again one win behind the Panthers but have 4 reasonably easy teams left. They also have a top 10 oline. However more importantly, a below average defense that seems to be getting worse.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

It’s Saturday not much to talk about.

Let’s be real, the Panthers will be 4-6 tomorrow.

At the same time I expect a win vs. WFT and Miami putting us at 6-6. Although I must say the Dolphins win over the Ravens was…weird.

That leaves the Panthers 6-6 vs. 

4-4 Falcons (home)

5-3 Bills (away)

6-2 Bucs (home)

5-3 Saints (away)

6-2 Bucs (away)

The Panthers will pretty much need to win 3/5 of these last games, but more likely 4/5 and that’s…hard to see. Yea yea any given Sunday and all that. But this is discussing logical outcomes.

(very) General outlooks:

NFC South

Good news: 

The Saints have roughly just as tough of a remainder schedule.

Bad news:

Even though we know they’re a lock…the Bucs have it easy peasy.

Meh:

Falcons….slightly easier schedule than Saints. Still very much in position to knock Panthers out but I don’t see it happening. One of the few teams (literally 3) with an oline ranked worse by one spot than the Panthers. lol

Also, one of the leagues worst defenses. The fact they’re 4-4 is dumbfounding.

Outside the south, NFC top 3 contenders:

Vikings:

Relatively tough schedule. Don’t see it for them.

Seahawks:

This team is the issue imo. Wilson is back, oline and defense isn’t great lately just below average overall,  have 3 very easy games left, but are only one win behind the Panthers. Personally I see it coming down to them and just maybe (unlikely) 49ers being the only obstacle.

49ers:

Again one win behind the Panthers but have 4 reasonably easy teams left. They also have a top 10 oline. However more importantly, a below average defense that seems to be getting worse.

Yes. No more injuries and 9 and 8 is possible 

• Pie 2

It’s very possible… 9 wins gets you in and one thing people are forgetting is there is only one bye per conference.

If the bye is locked up for a team by week 17 then you’ll see a lot of teams that have already clinched rest guys.

The Panthers stand a good shot at rolling into week 17 going against a Bucs team who isn’t playing anyone…

Soooo for example:

Arizona - Loss

Washington - Win

Miami - Win

Atlanta - Win

Bills - Loss

Bucs - Loss

Saints - Win

Bucs - Win

Now we’re sitting at 9-7 and going into the postseason as the sixth or seventh seed.

• Beer 3