• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

O-Line not as bad as we thought, neither is Brady, which leaves....

Dragoon11

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

PJ looked pretty good and definitely proved he can be a capable backup for Cam.

When was the last time fans could say the Panthers had a capable starter and backup QB?

Things are looking up in Panther Nation.

Where are all the assholes who were on my ass for “loving PJ Walker”?!

I still don't like Brady. His playcalling is still suspect at times. We can't always depend on defenses not playing their best or without their best players. 

The oline is better because Paradis wasn't under center. The center calls out protections and also if he fugs up it causes a trickle down effect on the other linemen. Paradis is one of the worst centers we've had. I wanted Elfein at center before the season began. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I still don't like Brady. His playcalling is still suspect at times. We can't always depend on defenses not playing their best or without their best players. 

The oline is better because Paradis wasn't under center. The center calls out protections and also if he fugs up it causes a trickle down effect on the other linemen. Paradis is one of the worst centers we've had. I wanted Elfein at center before the season began. 

Paradis has been Matt Kalil horrible. But what makes it worse is we've ignored some really good centers in the draft to keep captain turnstile. It's just sickening. 

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Love this board. Beat half a cardinals team and all of a sudden we won the super bowl. We play the skins next who just beat tampa. One game doesn't solve our issues. Ive said all week we would win because we own the cardinals, six in a row. 

I'm sure not celebrating like we just won the super bowl... I'm just celebrating what I saw today. Which is a team that seems to have found some inspiration, played like it and now seems to have some swag, which was greatly lacking on the offensive side of the ball. It does not matter if we played a depleted Cardinals team. The Panthers took advantage of every opportunity and scored 34 points against a top 5 defense. Say what you want, but this team today pulled the guts out of the Cardinals early and never let up. That same Colt McCoy lead team took it to a good 49er's team at San Francisco last week, so what does that say? You take it one game at a time, and you'd be a fool to not see the difference in this team today.... what will it lead to: Well, I feel much better about this team now than I did a week or two ago and that is enough. Now we have a big game coming up against the WFT, which is a very interesting match up, for obvious reasons, and they just beat Tampa. This is the NFL, one week at at time, but at least this week we feel much better about the rest of the season. After todays win, the Panthers are the 7th seed currently if the playoffs started today. Panthers still relevant, far from perfect, but still in it and can improve!

Edited by Dragoon11
  • Pie 2

To be completely honest it looked a lot like our first few offensive games, but with more consistent short yardage red zone plays (Hmm), and definitely better play in the middle of the line which really enabled PJ and CMC to do well.

Totally different from the last few weeks since Darnold poo the bed, but felt quite a bit like the first few games of the season... 

CMC is really dynamic... Luckily now with Cam we will have another dynamic playmaker.

• Pie 1