• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did Elflein look at center?

Zod

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Any idea why Brady isn't getting any run right now?  Daley had two holding calls and a false start yesterday, really killed the momentum on a few drives.

A) that was a phantom hold.  DT fell down.

B) he let that bad call beat him on the next snap.

He sucks, don’t get me wrong. But that hold was not a hold.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Meeeehhhhh,  I’m not so sure.  His pff grades were decent but that doesn’t calculate his calls. I don’t think he could make the right protection calls.  He has the physical ability, but the protections always looked off.

It has to be Paradis' calls. And it would happen often where the D would blitz and o-lineman would be standing around without anyone to block. 

• Pie 3

The o line as a whole played their best game of the season yesterday.  Honestly I think Sam was just bringing the entire vibe of the offense down, from Brady all the way down.  Its not a coincidence that the line, and the offense in general had their best game of the season as soon as Sam is gone. Enthusiasm is contagious, but so is shittiness. 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

37 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

What a nice thought that we do not have to find a C in free agency or the draft (a starter would take the first rounder, imo).

This draft will have the best center prospect in a long time in it. It might be time to spend that first on Linderbaum if he is there will the Panthers pick.

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Paradis was looking good prior to injury, as well. I think it is largely due to the play of His Airness and Trent Scott. They have made the center look better by not sucking so hard at OG.

TBH, OG has been a much bigger issue than C all year. MJ has added some nastiness to that OL.

I disagree with the Paradis thing but I agree guard play has been competent and better..

12 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

It has to be Paradis' calls. And it would happen often where the D would blitz and o-lineman would be standing around without anyone to block. 

I said in another thread yesterday that it seemed like Ef seemed much more confident and vocal about calling out protections - I can't remember Paradis being so loud and animated - Ef looked like a leader.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

He was shaky to start because he was jacked. Once he settled, the middle of the line was pretty strong.

Paradis never needs to see the field at center again for the Panthers. Period.

He's a free agent after the year, right?

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Paradis was looking good prior to injury, as well. I think it is largely due to the play of His Airness and Trent Scott. They have made the center look better by not sucking so hard at OG.

TBH, OG has been a much bigger issue than C all year. MJ has added some nastiness to that OL.

Paradis has never looked good as a Panther.

I thought they'd signed Elflein as a C - I'm glad he's finally fallen into that role. He's not big enough to be a G.

52 minutes ago, neverlosethefeeling said:

I think Rhule mentioned yesterday that Brady did come in for a little bit

Per the snap counts looks like Brady was on the field for 13, which was 17% of the total offensive snaps. Considering that no one seems to have noticed and we didn't hear his name I'm going to say he did OK.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

we better hope Elf is better at C because Paradis will never play another snap here and Elf has 2 years left on his contract after this season.  What a nice thought that we do not have to find a C in free agency or the draft (a starter would take the first rounder, imo).

And if Cam is decent to good, we can finally use the #1 pick on a LT. 

Bingo!  If Elf can solidify the center spot, we have 2-of-5 spots settled and can focus on the other three.  BC needs to beef up. I'm not giving up on him yet, not as a guard.  I'm not sure he's going make it as a franchise LT, maybe as a backup LT.