• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule plans to rotate QBs like RBs

NAS

I seriously doubt this is true.  Only one of them can have the earpiece to hear the plays (note Cam having to awkwardly use the play sheet on his belt last game).  I just don’t think it’s sustainable in the modern NFL.

PJ will probably have a limited set of plus kind of like Cam did last week.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

And the Nuthuggers lose their poo. While a few of us have said this the whole time. Rhule has to do this because Cam hasn't learned our playbook nor has he developed chemistry with everyone. 

If Rhule were actually planning on doing this, why would he say so? Cam played 2-3 years with the WR1, RB1, and TE1. How do you think a PJ INT would go over after a couple series from Cam? This fan base would riot. And rightfully so. One QB is here because they didn’t have faith that the other could do the job. Enough to swallow as much pride as I’ve ever seen and gave him 6M to prove it. 

How much longer are fans going to believe Rhule is being honest in statements like these. Nor should he be. Cam learns an NFL offense in 6 weeks as probably the least prepared top QB prospect besides Trey Lance. A decade ago. And threw for 800 yds in 2 games.  Should they have played Pickles to ease the transition. That day passed when they decided to call Cams agent. Cams doesn’t get the job done, and they took their shot. Put PJ in and he does anything bad, and all that goodwill of the last 10 days is gone. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

But we do have 1. He just came back.

Im not so naive as to think Cam is 100% ready.  He’s still learning the playbook and verbiage.  It may be 3-4 more weeks before he’s got enough reps to learn it.  PJ will be needed.  I accept that.  But I believe it might telegraph our move.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

That's one way to extend the life of Cams shoulder.

It's not ideal, but it could work...for a while anyways. 

Part of me thinks it will make it harder for defenses to scheme against, but it could also make it easier depending on how it was done. 

Yeah. Kinda like when Hubbard is in it all but telegraphs a running play 

no one knows how much Cam”s shoulder has in it but Panthers personnel groupings all but screams what the play call will be. 

There’s not much of a precedent for a two-QB system in the NFL because if it doesn’t work then it solely falls on the coaching staff and most coaching staffs wouldn’t want to take the risk. Just imagine if the Jets ran a two-QB system with White and Wilson and continued to get blown out… Saleh would lose his job.

However, the Dolphins did successfully make it to the Super Bowl in the 80’s running a two-QB system.

The Steelers made the Super Bowl in the 90’s with O’Donnell and Stewart.

It takes balls to run a two-QB system, I’ll give Rhule that.

College coaches usually have more experience in a two-QB system and Rhule is no different, he rotated a bunch of QB’s during his first year at Baylor.

He might just be able to make it work.

• Beer 1

Legit question. Do some of y'all legit think we're gonna run 2 QB long term? Do some of y'all think we should sit Cam until he's up to speed?

Just not sure how much of this 2 QB system talk is just theorizing or what. Just curious especially folks bashing the coaching what they think we should be doing instead.

I know I don't like relegating Cam to Taysom Hill duty, but I understand it.

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

. Keyshawn Johnson shared that it will take Cam about 4 weeks total to get the full playbook down, and thats ambitious. 

Not having a Greg Olsen in the huddle with him is not going to help Cam either.  I have no problem with rotating qb's if it is working and we are winning.  If it turns into some sort of cluster fug then make a decision.

It's likely necessary so that we can utilize more of the playbook. 1.5 weeks to learn an offense is insanity. Cam needs more time and I'd rather he be afforded that time than get thrown to the wolves.

Edit: The bye week is perfect timing in that regard.

Edited by ChibCU
  • Beer 1