• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Rhule has gone through several QBs during these two seasons and thrown everyone of them under the bus.  It's gotten so bad that Rhule is now gonna need a second bus.

Yep. Hindsight being 20/20, Rhule's lack of success against ranked teams in college wasn't a fluke. He beat up on bad teams at the college level. There are no "bad" teams at the NFL level. The worst teams at the NFL level are basically right outside the rankings at the college level since there are 25 teams ranked in college and only 32 total NFL teams.

And Brady? Yeah, turns out he just walked into probably the most talented offensive college roster of all time and anyone bringing a modern offense into the mix there would've created video game results since the previous system they were running was last seen when football was played in leather helmets.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Our receivers aren't even running their routes hard and trying to sell, CMC can't stay healthy (due to the O-line's incompetence), we don't have the answer at QB and won't until we get some NFL level O-lineman. 

Don't know what has happened to our vaunted secondary and defense....we get down by two scores and it's like they shut it down.....

This team is lost, Rhule isn't the answer...Joe Brady is over his head and has no shot to improve because of the crap we have for an O-line, and Phil Snow doesn't seem to be able to adjust the D to stop what opposing teams are doing EVER.

Clean up crew needed at 1 Panther Place ASAP.

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Rhule appears to be a personable guy with a wealth of football knowledge compared to 99% of Americans.  I can absolutely see where Matt could've charmed the socks off of our owner and Marty Hurney.  Especially in a situation where multiple teams viewed Rhule as a hot commodity.

However, I'm hard pressed to recall any game during these last two years where I was left with the impression that Rhule had out coached his opponent.  Frankly, he no longer comes across like the smartest guy in the room.  Especially when compared with his NFL peers/opponents. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

They'll blame Cam for everything although it's only been 2 1/2 weeks for him here in a weak sauce offense.

It's coaching they're not prepared for a counter punch. They don't know how to coach around biased officials. They aren't resilient enough.

These are things seasoned NFL people know about and adapt to. 

Nobody is blaming Cam.

We have seen the same things

Teddy Sam PJ Cam 

There is a common denominator 

Brady!!!

It wasn't all Sam's fault just like it isn't all Cam's fault.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Rhule appears to be a personable guy with a wealth of football knowledge compared to 99% of Americans.  I can absolutely see where Matt could've charmed the socks off of our owner and Marty Hurney.  Especially in a situation where multiple teams viewed Rhule as a hot commodity.

However, I'm hard pressed to recall any game during these last two years where I was left with the impression that Rhule had out coached his opponent.  Frankly, he no longer comes across like the smartest guy in the room.  Especially when compared with his NFL peers/opponents. 

There is not one single game where I can say he out coached the opposing team's HC, not a single one and that is as damning as it gets. 

Good post.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Nobody is blaming Cam.

We have seen the same things

Teddy Sam PJ Cam 

There is a common denominator 

Brady!!!

It wasn't all Sam's fault just like it isn't all Cam's fault.

I still think Brady has a good offensive mind and is limited by that atrocious O-Line.  I mean I hate seeing these crappy underneath throws, dinking and dunking, but we don't have the line to be able to do a PA fake and have long developing plays.  We just don't and I think what we see out of Brady and his play calling is that he knows he can't really open up the offense.

Because he knows this the WRs do too and they are playing lethargic.  No energy, concentration, no fire for the game.

As much as we are trashing the coaches, Brady didn't draft all defense and leave the O-line to be signed from the bargain bin...that's on Rhule and Fitts.  They fugged this team hard by not trying to shore up the O-line. 

13 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The chiefs game last year I really thought he was gonna be a good coach. That was masterful coaching.

we are moving backwards and I have no idea what they’re doing. No identity, no real plan. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Let's just all please agree that 5% of this board are lowlife, human trash racists who hate Cam.

5% are blind as a bat Cam homers who will blame everything other than him for any error he makes ... while accusing anyone who criticizes him as part of that other 5%.

Meanwhile, 90% of us understand that the O-Line and Coaching is the real problem that if fixed can make an average QB look great. But we don't want an avg QB. We want an elite QB. And that is not Cam, or PJ, or Sam.

Thanks.

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

I could scroll back to my originals but I said they would suck. I’m got flamed for it. College coaches outside of Pete Carroll which is a little different generally stink.

Chip Kelly was better than this staff🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

Carroll was an ex-NFL guy and even HC in the NFL who went to USC after not getting the expected success in NE. not really your traditional college HC. Note the guy that followed him in in NE is Billy B. Even Kraft said Carroll got a raw deal in NE when he let him go.

All of this sort of reminds me of one of my fav pc games called Frostpunk.  Pretty much you have to start a new town in a frozen landscape, keep people warm, fed, make hard decisions. Ultimately you have to survive a huge storm without everyone freezing to death.  In that game you have to keep the hope meter high and the discontent meter low or they banish you and you lose the game.  So in essence decisions you make early in the game really come back to haunt you and are the reason you're unprepared at the end, and you lose.

Right now I see hope lost and discontent high, because the owner neglected O line and QB, and now he needs to get banished.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1