• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fire Joe Brady

GOAT

21 minutes ago, gruffmusic said:

Yet everybody blamed Teddy for last year. Got mad when he said they didn't really practice end zone work. Said he threw the coaches under the bus. 

Meanwhile, Teddy is poised to have a career year with an actual NFL coaching staff. Still has his team in the playoff hunt.

Ya'll are a dumpster fire.

Teddy sucks, and his suckage does not mean that Brady, Rhule, and others (such as players they hitched their wagons to like Teddy, Sam, Whitehead, etc) don't suck as well. If the offense continues to be crap then it will make it more clear just how far the suckage extends and can hopefully be fixed.

• Pie 1

It's done, but it won't save Rhule. There are murderous games ahead for this team and short of Atlanta we probably won't win a one of them. 

Coach Rhule will have to have a bunch of wild-eyed zealots willing to sacrifice their bodies to win out. And I'm not seeing that kind of devotion in this team. 

Well, that experiment failed. Time to clean the test area and rethink the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's done, but it won't save Rhule. There are murderous games ahead for this team and short of Atlanta we probably won't win a one of them. 

Coach Rhule will have to have a bunch of wild-eyed zealots willing to sacrifice their bodies to win out. And I'm not seeing that kind of devotion in this team. 

Well, that experiment failed. Time to clean the test area and rethink the whole thing.

In my opinion, Rhule would have to go 9-8/10-7 AND make the playoffs to save his job.

You don't fire coordinators in December when you're packing it in and playing for pride.

• Pie 1

Just now, PantherPhann89 said:

I don't remember Rhule saying that they would not make any changes on personnell or coaches.

In his press conference a week or two ago Rhule stated that he did foresee making any coaching changes.  Once again, he says one thing, then proceeds to directly contradict himself.

33 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, this moves feels a lot like bringing Cam back, in that I suspect it was pushed for by Tepper.  I also mention that because I am now of the mind that it's starting to feel like we either have to win out or maybe only lose one for Rhule to keep his job at this point.  JMO...

I hope you are right 

the preponderance of mistakes made by Rhule in staff, free agency, draft, game plan, game day execution is mind boggling and egregious 

everyone knows it.  Everyone 

I don’t like piling on anybody but every damned issue with this team is self inflicted by the coach who thinks he is the smartest guy in the room 

he needs to go back to the ncaa.  No shame. He will have millions to help him sooth  his ego   The team he ruined in two years, another story. He will become a cautionary tale of what not to do in the nfl 

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I don't remember Rhule saying that they would not make any changes on personnell or coaches.

He said last week that he didn't anticipate making any coaching changes.

Mind you, that's one of those open-ended statements that doesn't necessarily indicate an absolute commitment. Rhule's good at those.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

10+ years from now he will be ready for a position like this. 

He needs to stay in the NFL for that to happen.  Get a little better feel for making adjustments and using what his player’s strengths are.

A lot different from a stacked college team.

Brady is a sacrifice to allow Rhule one more chance at keeping his job.  Can't say Rhule or Fitterer helped Brady's cause with this POS offensive line, but at the end of the day someone with more experience could have probably done more with our offense as a whole than Joe Brady did.

Brady is all about the passing game and we didn't have the offensive line to employ a large playbook of passing plays.  On the flipside it didn't seem Brady had much of a playbook with multiple sets/looks/etc.  I think he also lost the guys as it has been shown many times our receivers did not "sell" their routes and take coverage with them, although it probably was a lot of the defenses we played knowing we didn't go deep much if at all. 

Rhule is on borrowed time...

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 2

What I don't understand is how in our first year with our current coaching staff, the team seemed to be playing so hard and competitive each game. While the defence sucked - it improved over the season to even touching elite status to start out this 2nd year... How did everything fall off a cliff so hard? Did we just get figured out? Locker room lost? All the above?

• Pie 3