• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we lose to Atlanta does Tepper fire Rhule

Zod

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

I agree.  But I also think it’s hard to truly gauge his ability to prepare a team with no QB, the worst OL in football, and an inept OC.  With the OC gone, time will tell if there is any improvement.  

Who do you think picked the QB’s, the worst OL in football and an inept OC? 

I’m amazed at how bad Rhule has been at putting a roster together. I thought that would be his biggest strength. He’s failed miserably. 

• Pie 1

Honestly, who knows?

Who will coach the team if Rhule is canned?  That's the issue I have.

If the Panthers turn it around and become competitive and play better, even in losses, then Rhule will finish the year, possibly get next year.  On the other side of the coin, if he get embarrassed by Atlanta, then Tepper will probably fire him and write the season off and start planning for the Draft and Free Agency with Fitts while they search for a new coach.

Or something else could happen.  

56 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think losing to Atlanta seals the deal for Tepper, but I'm sure he pulls the trigger that quickly.  Things probably starts moving behind the scenes and once we are officially/mathematically eliminated Rhule is gone.  It may take 3 more weeks with how crazy this season is turning out.  Even losing to the Falcons, it's very odd that a 5 win team wouldn't be eliminated with only 4 games remaining.

I definitely think a loss to Atlanta will seal Rhule's fate.  I still don't think we actually see that until after the season is over.

One of the things that I believe is being way over-thought in NFL circles is the concept of finishing a bad season strong.  We heard about how good Rivera was at the end of seasons.  The more I've pondered this, the more I think it's fools gold.

By the end of the season, many of the good teams start resting players for the playoffs.  If a player is even mildly injured, no way he plays.  The clearer the playoff picture becomes, the stronger this effect becomes.  I think things like that sometimes give us these seemingly "good" results for bad teams at the end of a season.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Probably need Gilmore on Patterson this time.  Patterson is the Atl offense.   It all goes through him.  

question will be can they cover Pitts if Gilmore takes out Patterson.  Which he will. 

Atlanta is deploying Patterson as an RB most of the time. It's a little harder for a CB to erase a RB than a TE like Pitts.

2 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Top three candidates imo:

Byron Leftwich

Kellen Moore 

Brian Daboll

Get one of those guys and get a QB who can sling it. 

Yes to Daboll and also to Nathaniel Hackett.

No to Moore and Leftwich.

We just fired an offensive coordinator who's failings were rooted in the fact that he was hugely inexperienced. How can we turn around from that and start talking about it hiring a head coach who fits the same profile? Hell, Moore has even less experienced coaching than Brady did.

The NFL needs to stop looking for the next Sean McVay and start looking instead at guys who have actually paid their dues and earned the opportunities.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Tepper has already decided to fire Rhule.  There is no way this team wins out. I'm not sure they win another game.  Rhule is a dead man walking. 

This has to be the way right? I mean what has Rhule shown to anyone in the organization that year 3 will be better than years 1 and 2?