• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know Rhule is bad, but Meyer might be worse

ENCPantherfan2

2 hours ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

If I'm the Jags, Meyer is gone by the end of the year.

If I am the Jags, he's probably done by kickoff Sunday.

But I also said he would be the worst coach in the NFL in 2021 and he has. 

The guy literally kept leaving jobs in college for "being too stressed out" or some other horseshit. TBH....he was probably partying his ass off because that is kind of what it looks like now 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

Y'all seen what's been happening in Jacksonville? James Robinson, a top ten RB, was pretty much bench the last 2 games. There is also a severe rift in the coaching staff. They are ruining Lawrence over there. Say what you want about this team, but it looks way better than what they got going on.

Scary as the thought is, yeah, Urban is worse than Matt. 

7 hours ago, Snake said:

That's if you believed he was so generational talent which isn't the case. Lawrence is going to end up just like Sam Darnald in a few years. 

He’s every bit as good as Herbert if not better. He just doesn’t have anyone to learn from.

9 hours ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

Y'all seen what's been happening in Jacksonville? James Robinson, a top ten RB, was pretty much bench the last 2 games. There is also a severe rift in the coaching staff. They are ruining Lawrence over there. Say what you want about this team, but it looks way better than what they got going on.

Sounds like Lawrence is just going to take things into his own hands knowing full well he is the valuable asset for that franchise and not Urban. He was PUBLICLY banging the drum for Robinson and calling out coaches. Hopefully they actually get a coach in there that isn’t going to hold them back. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

If I am the Jags, he's probably done by kickoff Sunday.

But I also said he would be the worst coach in the NFL in 2021 and he has. 

The guy literally kept leaving jobs in college for "being too stressed out" or some other horseshit. TBH....he was probably partying his ass off because that is kind of what it looks like now 

I think he was legitimately admitted to the hospital with heart issues when he was at Florida, but yeah if there wasn't some poo going down there and at a notorious party school like OSU I'd be surprised.

Dude probably just wanted one last payday before he cashed out and spent his golden years on a yacht stocked with booze and TikTok/gram famous "guests".  Sucks for his players on the Jaguars that are trying to make a career in such a black hole.  

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

Say what you want about this team, but it looks way better than what they got going on.

It’s not. It’s just a different form of dysfunction. These players hate Rhule just as much, if not more, than theirs hate Meyer.

Considering Meyer’s resume has far more on it than Rhule’s they probably respect him more 

45 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I think he was legitimately admitted to the hospital with heart issues when he was at Florida, but yeah if there wasn't some poo going down there and at a notorious party school like OSU I'd be surprised.

Dude probably just wanted one last payday before he cashed out and spent his golden years on a yacht stocked with booze and TikTok/gram famous "guests".  Sucks for his players on the Jaguars that are trying to make a career in such a black hole.  

Lets be honest though, The Jags were a black hole long before Meyer came along....hes just done nothing to help them out of said black hole.  

On 12/10/2021 at 4:09 AM, bigskypanthersguy said:

If I'm the Jags, Meyer is gone by the end of the year.

That may not be so farfetched.

From Tom Pelissero...

Tension boiling over between Meyer, players, staff

Months of tension surrounding Jaguars coach Urban Meyer has boiled over with multiple run-ins with players and other coaches in recent weeks, sources say, renewing questions in league circles about whether Meyer's stay in Jacksonville could end after just one tumultuous season.

At this point, there are no signs that Jaguars owner Shad Khan is seriously considering a change. One of the NFL's most patient and supportive owners, Khan dreamed for years of Meyer -- a three-time college national champion at Florida and Ohio State -- coaching his team and overhauling the culture of a franchise accustomed to losing, before finally luring him out of retirement in January. (A spokesman for Khan declined comment for this story.)

But sources say Meyer's repeated public comments shifting blame to players and coaches amid the team's 2-10 season have exacerbated frustration in the building with his hard-charging and sometimes condescending approach -- a style that many observers believed wouldn't work in the NFL even before the Jaguars hired him.

In the past two weeks alone, sources say:

Receiver Marvin Jones -- one of the locker room's most respected and mild-mannered veterans -- became so angry with Meyer's public and private criticism of the receiver group that he left the facility until other staff members convinced him to come back and had a heated argument with Meyer during practice.

During a staff meeting, Meyer delivered a biting message that he's a winner and his assistant coaches are losers, according to several people informed of the contents of the meeting, challenging each coach individually to explain when they've ever won and forcing them to defend their résumés.

Contrary to his public statements that it was injury-related, Meyer ordered Robinson's benching after an opening-drive fumble in last week's 37-7 road loss to the Rams, then had running backs coach Bernie Parmalee stop Robinson from re-entering the game, insisting Carlos Hyde (who played for Meyer at Ohio State) stay in. Only after Lawrence questioned Meyer on the sideline about Robinson's absence was Robinson allowed to return late in the second quarter. (Speaking to reporters this week, Lawrence said: "Bottom line is James is one of our best players and he's got to be on the field and we addressed it, and I feel like we're in a good spot and the whole team, we're good.")

Several Jaguars players vented their frustration to Rams players after that game, sources say, reiterating a common complaint that Meyer -- who had no prior NFL experience -- doesn't treat them like adults. And the staff meeting follows a pattern of tense interactions between Meyer and his assistants dating back to the offseason. After opening the preseason with consecutive losses, for instance, sources say Meyer informed assistants that he was sick of being embarrassed and if the team didn't start winning immediately, some of them wouldn't be around for a second year.

Holy hell, this sounds like an absolute sh-t show 😳

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

On 12/10/2021 at 6:33 AM, ncstatekwi said:

True story and Bill Belichick is the MASTER!!!  Man...to see his teams coached makes me realize how far we have to go as the apprentice.

Belichick didn’t fall out of the crib like that,  took a bit of time

Meyer is a slime, would be very surprised if he is there next season

Edited by Shocker

Both are bad coaches, Urban is diahria from drinking Aristocrat Tequila & Taco Bell where Rhule is a soft but giant loaf from eating donuts, broccoli and white wine.

Same difference mostly, obviously Urban is going to be a lot more pain and regret and Rhule is just sad but forgettable.