• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown’s thoughts

ncfan

24 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Eh, I get it but guys like Tyrann Mathieu (who I personally think is a bit of a thin-skinned b....) were clamoring about KC fans being the worst in the NFL and "one of the most toxic fan bases in all of sports" and they seem to have turned it around.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/30/tyrann-mathieu-says-chiefs-may-have-one-of-the-most-toxic-fan-bases

But see, there's a couple of points here to be made:

Number one, Mathieu is a highly accomplished player and one of the more renowned defensive playmakers in the league.  He has won.  He has made winning plays.  He affects games in his team's favor on the regular.  So, he has the gravitas to make that point if he feels that way, because his production, effort, and ability can't be questioned.  It's coming from a proven player.

Secondly, while they may be one of the most toxic when they're losing, they're also considered one of the most raucous, energetic, and loyal fanbases in the league.  They love their team and are just as emotive on the positive end when things are going well as they are negative when its going badly...  difference is, they don't go badly often for them, so Mathieu didn't like it.  But, you can't have it both ways...  great fanbases are going to be passionate in both directions.  So if they don't want the negative, you shouldn't get the positive either.  And guess what?  They started winning again and all of a sudden things are all peachy between the players and fans again.

Now, Derrick Brown is unproven, fairly unproductive this season, mostly absent, and just came off a benching after, despite usually being the largest human being on the field, constantly finding himself face-down lying on the field while the other team was gashing us for 20 yard runs for weeks on end.  He has absolutely zero capital to give any weight to any take he could offer, other than "I have to be better."

But, looks like he's on "brand" with the rest of Rhule's culture.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

But see, there's a couple of points here to be made:

Number one, Mathieu is a highly accomplished player and one of the more renowned defensive playmakers in the league.  He has won.  He has made winning plays.  He affects games in his team's favor on the regular.  So, he has the gravitas to make that point if he feels that way, because his production, effort, and ability can't be questioned.  It's coming from a proven player.

Secondly, while they may be one of the most toxic when they're losing, they're also considered one of the most raucous, energetic, and loyal fanbases in the league.  They love their team and are just as emotive on the positive end when things are going well as they are negative when its going badly...  difference is, they don't go badly often for them, so Mathieu didn't like it.  But, you can't have it both ways...  great fanbases are going to be passionate in both directions.  So if they don't want the negative, you shouldn't get the positive either.  And guess what?  They started winning again and all of a sudden things are all peachy between the players and fans again.

Now, Derrick Brown is unproven, fairly unproductive this season, mostly absent, and just came off a benching after, despite usually being the largest human being on the field, constantly finding himself face-down lying on the field while the other team was gashing us for 20 yard runs for weeks on end.  He has absolutely zero capital to give any weight to any take he could offer, other than "I have to be better."

But, looks like he's on "brand" with the rest of Rhule's culture.

All reasonable, but I still stand by my premise that players whining on social media about fan comments doesn't necessarily equate to a lost locker room. 

Edited by KSpan

52 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I remember you guys crucifying me, absolutely crucifying me for being negative about this pick.   Defensive tackles are a motherfuging dime a dozen and of course we get one in the top 10 that doesnt even rush the passer

I didn’t criticize you personally, I was excited about the pick. I didn’t care about a rushing the passer DT. We need a run stopper, the results are in, he ain’t it. I’ll eat my crow now, and may I have seconds please.

he's a bum, btw. 

and apparently with this coaching staff, it's acceptable. 

we're fine just having guys that are "good enough" and "ok"

killer instinct? not necessary. commitment to excellence? why ask for that? 

this was one thing that absolutely bugged me about fox and rivera. they didn't have a killler instinct or commitment to excellence, either. but this rhule joker takes it to a whole nother level of pathetic.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

this is why Cam should of never been cut.  Cam always has and has had the right mentality about football.  Rhule’s culture is bunk.  

Win. It’s all that matters.  And if you don’t, it’s your fault.   That’s basically always been Cam’s motto.  And even back in the day when carried the team on his back he took all the blame and gave it to himself.  And if you aren’t about that? Cool.  Don’t play pro ball. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1