• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule isn’t to blame for Cam

rmoneyg35

Yes Rhule in my opinion sucks but he isn’t the reason why Cam sucks, Cam is the same Cam from last year.

look at his stats, they are basically the same. He will have below 200 yards passing, 60% completion, decent amount of rushing yards and a rushing td. 

yes he will score 2 TDs every game but one of them is just him doing a short run for a score, something your running back should be doing.

Last year he had 9 games with under 200 yards passing, 4 games under 100 yards. He only had 3 games over 250 yards passing.

you can blame it on the coaching and the players around him but that’s bs. We’ve seen plenty of good QBs put up good numbers with bad coaches and no good players around him.

Cam isn’t starting material anymore. People were given false hope with he signed and scored some TDs in his first game back. Sam Darnold is better than Cam right now. 

Only positive thing about cam is that he may give us a good chance of loosing the rest of our games so we can get a better draft pick.

• Pie 8
  • Poo 22

Bro, every QB has sucked under this regime. 

It's time to stop attempting to dissect individual positions and address the head coach. 

Cam Newton was brought in off the sofa because we didn't have a QB. I think we all wanted to believe he'd be able to salvage the season, but the reality is we just aren't a well coached well performing team. 

I'm not sure there's a QB that can succeed under this regime. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The team he was on last year was very bad. The team he is on this year is...guess what, very bad.

I still would like to see cam on a decent team with a full offseason under his belt and not join a team well over midway into the season. This isn’t all on Cam, not many QBs could succeed in either offenses (pats last year, Panthers this year). 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Yes Rhule in my opinion sucks but he isn’t the reason why Cam sucks, Cam is the same Cam from last year.

look at his stats, they are basically the same. He will have below 200 yards passing, 60% completion, decent amount of rushing yards and a rushing td. 

yes he will score 2 TDs every game but one of them is just him doing a short run for a score, something your running back should be doing.

Last year he had 9 games with under 200 yards passing, 4 games under 100 yards. He only had 3 games over 250 yards passing.

you can blame it on the coaching and the players around him but that’s bs. We’ve seen plenty of good QBs put up good numbers with bad coaches and no good players around him.

Cam isn’t starting material anymore. People were given false hope with he signed and scored some TDs in his first game back. Sam Darnold is better than Cam right now. 

Only positive thing about cam is that he may give us a good chance of loosing the rest of our games so we can get a better draft pick.

And how many of those players had to learn their playbook and teammates on the fly? Remember he joined NE 5 weeks before the season started. No other starting QB has had to do that. Then he comes here and has to play behind this god awful fuging oline. He has put together great drives in every game he has played for us these last few weeks. The oline ends up getting man handled and it fugs everything up as the game goes on it really isn't that hard to see.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Flames 4

Lol y’all find every way to blame cam when the teams he’s been on the last two season are ass, the pats literally spend over 120 mil after last season, half our team is on ir and the kicker looks like he’s going there too.

cam’s faults are over magnified, the team has played like slop since after the cardinals game 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

seth meyers get help GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Lol y’all find every way to blame cam when the teams he’s been on the last two season are ass, the pats literally spend over 120 mil after last season, half our team is on ir and the kicker looks like he’s going there too.

cam’s faults are over magnified, the team has played like slop since after the cardinals game 

Logic doesn't apply to black quarterbacks. Especially black quarterbacks with a personality like Cam.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Positive or negative opinions about Newton are irrelevant to this single fact:

Matt Rhule is not qualified to coach in the NFL.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it may not even have been Darnold who is the problem.  I still have no expectations that Darnold is an NFL QB, but judging him in context of the sh!t show here is no different than judging him in context of the Jets.

We need a qualified offensive coordinator and head coach before we make any judgements.

• Pie 3

Just now, BrianS said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it may not even have been Darnold who is the problem.  I still have no expectations that Darnold is an NFL QB, but judging him in context of the sh!t show here is no different than judging him in context of the Jets.

We need a qualified offensive coordinator and head coach before we make any judgements.

Similar thought: For whatever you think about Darnold, if he was going to be rebuilt it wasn't going to be by this staff.

• Pie 6