• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Backpedals on Cam Blame/Comments

Proudiddy

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

You guys get mad over dumb poo. He says he needs to watch tape and he’s made fun of. Blames cam and you’re butthurt. Watches tape and corrects himself and stans still butthurt. Try to compare cam to sam but the same poo was going on with Sam including being benched. This ineptness isn’t all about cam good grief. This is why so many find stabs annoying. 

Fact is there isn’t enough credit given to the real reason he should be fired and that’s because he’s a shitty coach who can’t win or progress, his methods suck. The fact he stupidly calls out players is just the details and cherry on top of being a shitty coach.

He is a poo leader.  Seems like a relevant issue.  

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Zylstra basically described a West Coast Offense (with a few modifications).

And while WCO 101 might be valuable info, it doesn't exactly answer the question.

Throw in also that the best West Coast type attacks include at least occasional deep passes.

More than occasional.  How many times do I remember Jerry Rice just gashing people.  WCO is all about hitting the underneath / short / intermediate stuff just until the defense steps up to take it away.  Then it's Montana or Young to Rice or Taylor for 65 yards and a TD.

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is a poo leader.  Seems like a relevant issue.  

Yes he is. All around. Not just with Cam.

but so is Rodgers. Belicheck has been called out by former players numerous times. I can remember plenty of time coaches like Carroll and Harbaugh made similar comments calling out players.

But the production, that’s what matters, not emotional outrage from stans.

Absolutely no one was outraged when he was doing the same poo pre cam. What does that tell you?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

16 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Yes he is. All around. Not just with Cam.

but so is Rodgers. Belicheck has been called out by former players numerous times. I can remember plenty of time coaches like Carroll and Harbaugh made similar comments calling out players.

But the production, that’s what matters, not emotional outrage from stans.

Absolutely no one was outraged when he was doing the same poo pre cam. What does that tell you?

It's coincidental that his credibility has run out at the same time Cam came back, though some might argue bringing Cam back was a credibility loss in and of itself. Based on Cam's responses though the wind is blowing a specific way and, frankly, Cam has more credibility and way more NFL experience than Rhule, so while Cam's body may be a shadow of former self his mind sure isn't.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

Even amateurs who have watched football know that (most) QBs at the highest levels have “audibles”.

Those who understand football a little better understand that the QB doesn’t “check check check” to an audible on a damn whim… he reads the opposing defense. Where is the MLB? Where are the safeties? Is the defense in man or zone? Is there an obvious blitzer? If, after reading the defense, the QB determines that the defense is lined up to the conditions defined for the “audible”, he checks to another play.

Who defines the “conditions” to check to the audible? The HC/OC, *not* the fugging QB. The QB is merely following instructions.

Who determines the “audible” play? The play-caller (usually the OC) *not* the QB.  (And, in this case, the play-caller was Fat Fhules best bud and bro in bro-mance, Nixon.)

This has been crystal clear since the moment the disastrous play happened.

Yet the usual suspects immediately jumped in with the Cam hate.

Including his incompetent head coach.

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Goes back to Cam post game answer.  Cam also made Rhule look bad there imo.  Talked about how he wasn’t going to spout off irrational answers or something like that right after a game.   That’s what Rhule did.   Why he needs to watch the film.  

It used to frustrate the Hell out of me but Rivera saying “I haven’t watched the film” after every game would be music to my ears.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, the more telling response to me came yesterday when Newton was asked what's wrong with the passing game.

His answer? "I don't know".

I'm not sure I buy that at all, but it's not hard to imagine that he might have to refrain from saying what he's actually thinking.

Look where it got Teddy for speaking out.  

• Pie 2