• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OL Clips from Yesterday

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me explain the clips..

1. John Miller got the now you see me now you don't.. Which is embarrassing in a 2inch space to work..

2. Pat Eflin got "He got a gggggguuuuuunnnn" fall down.. By a LB weighting 100 pounds less then him..

3. Michael Jordan got the "where did he go George " dumb dog chasing his tail in a old Waner Bros. Cartoon..

Lmao.... But Sacks happen!!

• Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Watching this, I don't blame any QB on this roster for "playing scared."

But on the plus side, it's also not as dire as it seems. This offseason doesn't call for a total rebuild of the offensive line, which I expected. I think we have the pieces in place on the ends. So that means we have 3 interior lineman positions to fill through the draft and free agency. That seems pretty doable.

Better pass protection will create better passers. I truly don't think we've seen the potential of any QB on the roster this season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The one thing that has been effective in neutralizing Tom Brady throughout the years has been pressure right up the middle. Even the master of getting rid of the ball quickly has crumbled with linemen right at his face. Of course, only certain teams have had the personnel to do this against him and wouldn't you know it, he played like crap against the Saints and had no answer to it. 

So imagine a scenario where Brady will have that type of pressure every week. Actually, you don't have to imagine it because our offensive line creates that very scenario by being rusty doors hanging by a hinge that blows open with a gust of wind. The years of professional malpractice on building the line has bore its rotten fruit and it's whatever sacrificial lamb that has to stand behind it who has to eat it.

2 hours ago, Cavscout said:

If Rhule stays, Pat Meyer HAS to go. I think Tre Boston may have been onto something with his sabotage comment yesterday. 

This... 

John Miller and Michael Jordan are nowhere near starter level. Literally EVERYONE see's this. How do you watch this film and conclude those two to be your starters next week? ... Even the center looks awful..BUT center is an entirely different beast.

It has to be sabotage. I just can't calculate how you watch that and name those your as starters the next week....pick a week and watch'em. Miller has consistently been trash the majority of the season. Idunno, I just refuse to believe that this is the best we can field. The effort is laughable. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Let me explain the clips..

1. John Miller got the now you see me now you don't.. Which is embarrassing in a 2inch space to work..

2. Pat Eflin got "He got a gggggguuuuuunnnn" fall down.. By a LB weighting 100 pounds less then him..

3. Michael Jordan got the "where did he go George " dumb dog chasing his tail in a old Waner Bros. Cartoon..

Lmao.... But Sacks happen!!

Another major issue has to be coaching. The lack of talent and development of good lineman has been really frustrating for years now.

Edited by Prowler2k18

3 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Mr. Scot --- 

What percent chance do you believe Rhule is fired today? Also, what percent chance do you think he gets fired after the Bucs game and the end of the season? Thanks!

There is absolutely a zero % chance Rhule is fired. Buckle up cuz 2022 is going to be worse.