• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Back-What could we get for the #6 pick? Is it worth it?

Michael G

56 minutes ago, Verge said:

If someone wants to trade up to 6 for a QB, we should probably just take the QB.

I wouldn’t want to put a rookie behind this line as it stands now.

Let Sam earn the $18 million, build the line as much as possible, and take a QB with the high draft pick next year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Not sure there's anyone worth trading into 6th for this year. Ask yourself if you'd do it as a GM. Would you swap picks and give up a 2nd for the Miss St OT or aone of the QBs? I wouldn't.

I was thinking the same thing. What player in this draft is worth moving up for and giving away 2nd (and possibly a 3rd) round draft choice?

As a GM, I wouldn't do it unless a player in the Top 10 was the missing piece to putting my team into playoff/title contention. Even then, I'd have to have an extra pick in the round two or three to seriously consider it.

I'm also not sold on the idea that we can simply fix our o-line thru free agency. We picked two FA's last year and we know how that turned out. I already doubt the staff's ability to properly evaluate lineman. Also, after last year's fiasco I don't see quality FA's making a bee-line to Carolina to play under Matt Rhule.

Take a stud lineman at 6. If you trade back, I wouldn't go below 12

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I was thinking the same thing. What player in this draft is worth moving up for and giving away 2nd (and possibly a 3rd) round draft choice?

As a GM, I wouldn't do it unless a player in the Top 10 was the missing piece to putting my team into playoff/title contention. Even then, I'd have to have an extra pick in the round two or three to seriously consider it.

I'm also not sold on the idea that we can simply fix our o-line thru free agency. We picked two FA's last year and we know how that turned out. I already doubt the staff's ability to properly evaluate lineman. Also, after last year's fiasco I don't see quality FA's making a bee-line to Carolina to play under Matt Rhule.

Take a stud lineman at 6. If you trade back, I wouldn't go below 12

It'd have to be someone with the capital that really wants Charles Cross/Ike or something. Maybe Denver wants to jump the Falcons to get a QB, depends on if they can land a guy in FA or not

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jfo89 said:

take a QB with the high draft pick next year.

It's this year or next for sure. But if I'm being honest I simply do not trust the Panthers to not screw up their draft position. We had the chance for a top 3 pick in 2019 2020 and 2021 and we won extra games that didn't even matter. That mythical first rounder in 2023 that folks keep making plans with already is definitely not guaranteed and we all know it.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don't see us getting more than a 3rd and a 6th and exchanging 1sts if we don't drop below 12. We're just in a bad spot this year. We're desperate, we've wasted our 2nd, 3rd and 4th, not considered a great QB class, and have the Giants before and behind us. If there is a trade it will be on draft day after the 5th pick.  I just don't think we're going to get the value we would typically see for the 6th pick. 

• Beer 1